Kyalami 2016

Tracks Kyalami 2016 0.9.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'm absolutely certain everything is correct on my file. I just don't know why errors keep popping up when the file is correct in every way.
Obviously not correct if there are errors! Try another browser, another computer, maybe try downloading from another city? Hop on the bus and head on to the next town...

I don’t find it perfect, it’s a beta like the title suggests, but I appreciate it. It takes a lot of hard work to create a race track from scratch, specially an accurate one made by one single person.

Before you throw in your “high detail” expectations, you maybe don’t know that this is a hobby for a lot of us modders, and most, like Prototype, don’t charge a cent. Not a big budget studio like the game you’re trying to compare to, iRacing? :)

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and this community is known to be very opinionated... But what is often missing? A simple thank you.

Johnr777 I already said thank you, so I don`t know what you`re talking about.
I appreciate it as well so what?
I don`t think doing the tyre marks on kerbs, require a big budget studio, if you know what I mean. The hard part is already done. I just pointed what could be improved, before ou started being annoying to everybody trying to defend the modder from nothing really.
Like you said, this is made by a single person, so I think he will appreciate more the suggestions to improve, than the comments that say that is already perfect (because that`s a fake comment).
With suggestions, he will grow a lot as an modder/artist and If one day he decides to work to a big studio, he will ear a lot of comments like this so relax. Everybody here is thankful for his work.

Last edited:
I don`t think doing the tyre marks on kerbs, require a big budget studio, if you know what I mean. The hard part is already done. I just pointed what could be improved, before ou started being annoying to everybody trying to defend the modder from nothing really.
Like you said, this is made by a single person, so I think he will appreciate more the suggestions to improve, than the comments that say that is already perfect (because that`s a fake comment).
With suggestions, he will grow a lot as an modder/artist and If one day he decides to work to a big studio, he will ear a lot of comments like this so relax. Everybody here is thankful for his work.
No, no “thank you” from you anywhere unfortunately... maybe you thought about it but didn’t write? ;)

Anyways moving on to the track itself. Kerbs usually get painted before big events, and the rubber marks happen during those events. He released it before the race when his reference was showing them mostly “clean”.

if he decides to darken them up, his decision :thumbsup:

There's a small bug where grass_fx will place grass on the gravel trap on the outside of the esses. It didnt make it into the hot fix, but its easy to repair. Place this ini fine in the kyalami_2016\extension folder, overwrite existing!

Attachments

• ext_config.ini
    15.6 KB · Views: 109
Im really liking the 2 seasons format, tough to pick a favourite... Dry winter has a certain charm though :)

Screenshot_ferrari_333sp_kyalami_2016_24-11-119-22-29-40.jpg
Screenshot_ferrari_333sp_kyalami_2016_24-11-119-22-31-18.jpg

No, no “thank you” from you anywhere unfortunately... maybe you thought about it but didn’t write? ;)

Anyways moving on to the track itself. Kerbs usually get painted before big events, and the rubber marks happen during those events. He released it before the race when his reference was showing them mostly “clean”.

if he decides to darken them up, his decision :thumbsup:

Look better for the thank you.

And yes, the kerbs are painted before "big events" but not totally. Only the P parts.. Even on the 24 Hours Le Mans. I literally live in Le Mans, at 1,5 kms from the La Sarthe circuit, so I know what I`m talking about. That`s why IRacing have those marks and that`s why the tracks in that sim are amazing. Not just because the marks, but because of that attention to detail. That`s why I say this track could be great. It`s not great yet.

99% of the work is very well done. It`s the hard part. Now comes the 1% that makes the difference and that will make the track really shine. Now just stop. Enough of this conversation.

Don't worry about him. He has released one track and thinks he's somekind of authority on ratings and reviews. Pathetic really.

First of all thank you for this track, it really is fantastic. :thumbsup: One of the top mods for AC.
I tried to record a new AI line (as I have done often, see all my AIs in the downloads) but somehow no fastlane.ai.candidate shows up in the AI folder when I’m done. I never have experienced that problem yet and I don’t know what might be the issue. Next time I try to start AC the "normal" way (not with Content Manager) and see if that works.

First of all thank you for this track, it really is fantastic. :thumbsup: One of the top mods for AC.
I tried to record a new AI line (as I have done often, see all my AIs in the downloads) but somehow no fastlane.ai.candidate shows up in the AI folder when I’m done. I never have experienced that problem yet and I don’t know what might be the issue. Next time I try to start AC the "normal" way (not with Content Manager) and see if that works.
Did you check the AI folder for both "Season" layouts?

Dont think it matters if you are using CM or not, you can still hold down shift key when loading the track

@allrndcricketer

hO0w0ut.jpg

Regrading the cones, expect to see a lot of stuff like this creeping in as I continue working on the track.
These cones are part of the [ Kyalami 9 hour ] preset (which works exactly a per the SEASONS, and will eventually be a 3rd option to select). The plain winter and summer tracks will not have the race specific cones, branding, sponsorship and race details, but for now, as the cones texture is atlassed to a much larger texture set, the cones are in.

Last edited:

Actually, if you do an AI line thats getting us better times, please PM me, and lets check it out ... will implement in next update, I dont have time to do this right now. LMK.

Actually, if you do an AI line thats getting us better times, please PM me, and lets check it out ... will implement in next update, I dont have time to do this right now. LMK.

If I somehow manage to finally get the fastlane.ai.candidate I’ll send it to you.
But first of all I have to solve that strange issue…

Did you check the AI folder for both "Season" layouts?

Dont think it matters if you are using CM or not, you can still hold down shift key when loading the track

Will do next time. I thought the *.candidate goes into the correct folder automatically.

I also had this issue on one of my own tracks - and tbh I have no idea what caused it or how I fixed it :O_o:
I had 4 track layouts, and 3 of them worked fine, the 4th just output the pit AI line and not the fastlane, no matter what I tried.
Eventually I restarted my PC and tried again and it worked, though I really dont know what the problem was.

I also had this issue on one of my own tracks - and tbh I have no idea what caused it or how I fixed it :O_o:
I had 4 track layouts, and 3 of them worked fine, the 4th just output the pit AI line and not the fastlane, no matter what I tried.
Eventually I restarted my PC and tried again and it worked, though I really dont know what the problem was.

Yep, I also just get the pitlane.ai.candidate.
Restarting didn’t work unfortunately. I tried it yesterday and this morning but still no fastlane.ai.candidate.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 278 36.8%
  • Porsche

Votes: 289 38.2%
  • BMW

Votes: 272 36.0%
  • McLaren

Votes: 177 23.4%
  • Toyota

Votes: 283 37.4%
  • Intel

Votes: 94 12.4%