LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Sneaking in a mod track, prizing higher as the original game is just laughabel
But hey ho....

Maybe you find some stupids
Sneaking in a mod track? What the hell are you talking about? This road was painstakingly made from scratch, it took years. 42 km. And it's for free. No obligation to pay anything. If you want you can support the author and donate some money, in exchange you get some more features. Populate your brain with some neurons before writing stuff.

Some of the comments complaining about pricing are ridiculous. What we're getting for free here on RD is, basically, where all the value of the project is anyway. And this update applies to that too. I think some of the negative comments are from people who struggle with complex ideas.

Anyway, my question is: is there now Weekend Race mode included? Can we use LAC in Championship mode?

Don't worry, I won't have a hissy fit if the answers are negative. As far as I'm concerned, what's being given out for free is so so generous that I can only be happy. (and I contributed a long time ago BTW but not for the extras, I contributed to say thank you and give money for what musta been hard work.)

I'm having a problem installing the Platinum VIP mod. I followed the Install Guide and copied the MOD folders to where they should be. In AC Content Manager, the mod shows up, I enable it, but I can't find the track anywhere. Also, the VIP addons don't show and I can't enable them.

What could I be doing wrong? Thanks in advance for any pointers.

So I was one of the people lucky enough to have been sent an email for the early release of platinum for donating to 1.0.
So far I've spent about four hours on 1.2 and can only say it's amazing how much better optimised this is for VR, really should be 2.0 IMO. The only fault I can find is the traffic stopping, but I've been having too much fun to read the manual sorry.
The main loop (sorry cheapos, the free bit) is still massive and actually seems to have had the most work done to it, much better populated with trees and vegetation but notably it's performance is still way better.
I think it's fair to say that there's more road here than the ENTIRETY of Kunos's included tracks, but apparently it costs too much. I've been seeing a lot of amazing looking mods being kept private recently and I hope you freeloaders know you're why.
With that in mind and me being out of a job at the moment, I bought platinum last night even though I already have it for three reasons.
1. I believe you should be compensated for the amount of work you've done here.
2. I said I would do and I'm a man of my word.
3. It's absolutely bloody amazing and worth every penny I could afford to give you.
Race department was one place I thought petty entitled trolls hadn't got to until today but apparently I was wrong. Keep up the amazing work.
P.S I'm addicted to hunting down your signs, hope to be on there one day, after I'm back in work.

Really incredible work Phoenix and the team! I have easily 2-3,000 miles on this road in real life on my motorcycle and this is a PERFECT representation of the road and incredibly detailed. Could not be more accurate. Been having a lot of fun playing online with other drivers as well, although most others don't have VIP so I can't explore the other roads with them.. Their loss! I've been VIP since the very first version and will be donating again, the amount of work put into this shows and you deserve to be compensated.

1.2 is another great improvement, even more detail and performance is MUCH better now. Really great work

I hope to see online lobbies with the "pursuit" variant soon, would be a blast to do some good old cops & robbers. NFS vibes. Does anyone know of a Discord server where people coordinate online lobbies for LAC? Would love to join one and haven't been able to find any.

Thanks again for bringing my favorite road ever into AC, I appreciate it and am having a blast

Last edited:
Two way traffic is working fine for me. Set CM to Trackday, New AI behavior enabled, 19 opponents. Tested on Shaders Patch 1.36 and 1.40.

thanks. I also increased the number of cars from 5 to 19 and then you also get upcoming traffic. Majority about 80% is still on 'my' side of the road.

Just to be sure: you wrote "New AI behavior enabled" --> is that a specific setting somewhere* or an fully automated new included feature?

* I think I searched all possible buttons. sliders, menu's in CM but cannot find to enable/disbale AI behavior. So many screen, options for this 'old grumpy one'

EDIT: Yep found AI behavior in CSP settings menu and it is 'active'. RTFM Brian....

Last edited:
thanks. I also increased the number of cars from 5 to 19 and then you also get upcoming traffic. Majority about 80% is still on 'my' side of the road.

Just to be sure: you wrote "New AI behavior enabled" --> is that a specific setting somewhere* or an fully automated new included feature?

* I think I searched all possible buttons. sliders, menu's in CM but cannot find to enable/disbale AI behavior. So many screen, options for this 'old grumpy one'

EDIT: Yep found AI behavior in CSP settings menu and it is 'active'. RTFM Brian....

I've have noticed periodic issues with some sketchy mod cars. If you are by chance using any mod cars not from RD, perhaps omit those and replace with Kunos cars then see what happens.

Also confirm u are using CSP 1.40 or 1.36. CSP has had several updates and as a result some things have been broken along the way.

AI Behavior seems to work well although after a while I've noticed strange behavior with the cars after a period of time ie; stopped cars on the road

I've have noticed periodic issues with some sketchy mod cars. If you are by chance using any mod cars not from RD, perhaps omit those and replace with Kunos cars then see what happens.

Also confirm u are using CSP 1.40 or 1.36. CSP has had several updates and as a result some things have been broken along the way.

AI Behavior seems to work well although after a while I've noticed strange behavior with the cars after a period of time ie; stopped cars on the road
CSP1.40 and indeed sometimes the 'lower end' car mods can cause strange behavior.

If I played Assetto Corsa I wouldn´t hesitate to pay for this track, and those of Fat Alfie, and many other modders. It looks amazing! It requires a huge amount of time, into the hundreds/thousands of hours to create a circuit to a high, modern day standard. It´s content that you´re not going to get from the devs, and which has been lovingly and painstakingly created by a small band of people who not only donate their time, but spend money on software, electricity, neglect their other interests, learn how to use software etc...
Does that have no value? :thumbsdown:

Creating a track now is much more of a timesink than it used to be, and authors are held to a much higher standard than previously. To create an acceptable track now you have to go to much greater lengths than were required for a 2004 offering for F1C, for example.
If any of the complainers are happy to knock up a free version of LA Canyons from scratch for me for AMS in the next few days then please get in touch, I´d love to drive it this weekend! :roflmao:

Does it work fine without Hide Pit Crew and Highway Patrol Skin thingies? They are optional, right?
Yes, these two add-ons are optional. The "Hide Pit Crew" mod disables the lollipop guys standing on the sides of the road in the scenic overlooks and parking lots (which are the pit areas). The "Highway Patrol Skins" are exactly that - extra skins for a selection of cars. They're primarily intended for Pursuit Mode layouts, but they also just look cool in general.

I bought the Gold not realising it didn't have traffic- how can I 'upgrade? Great mod this.

Well depends, did you want the tracks included with Gold?
If you do, just get Silver, write a note during payment, and I'm sure Phoenix will upgrade you to Platinum.
If you want a downgrade to Silver and money in return, you'd have to contact Phoenix, as I'm not sure how he'll handle this. Remember, even though the extras are now sort of a product, getting those extras is basically a way to say "thank you!" if you were going to donate for the work anyway.

Screenshot_honda_nsx_la_canyons_3-2-120-13-42-24.png

Completely erect, I am.

I hope to see online lobbies with the "pursuit" variant soon, would be a blast to do some good old cops & robbers. NFS vibes. Does anyone know of a Discord server where people coordinate online lobbies for LAC? Would love to join one and haven't been able to find any.

I'm thinking of testing the pursuit mode on my server soon. I just need time to test different cars.
A discord server might be a good idea, at least so the coppers can coordinate their pursuit orally.

I tried the settings suggested in Post #1964. They work great as far as AI traffic is concerned.

But I'm getting complete system lock up (forcing a forced reboot) after trying to view a replay. No problem with modes other than "Track Day". If it matters, this is with using Content Manager, and I've never used "Track Day" before (because I didn't know what it was.).

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks!

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 36 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.4%