Tracks Okayama [W.I.P] scratch made

I would only include it if the real track has DRS zones.

That is a totally nonsense comment. :rolleyes:

DRS zones aren't static objects like corners.
DRS zones are requirements by the respective racing series that hire the track to be raced on.

And yes, the track should have DRS zones set, as otherwise it's pointless to race the track with DRS-capable cars such as the amazing RSS2. ;)

Last edited:
To beta testers, fixed all about what I have got notified:
- removed some visible walls, which should be invisible (flickering textures)
- fixed 3d trees textures and uv mapping - no more edges on top of them
- grass off white lines all the way around track
- remved white color in background hills
- added new white lines Piper part of track
- some new shaders for some objects
- changed LodOut for some disappearing objects
- added grass to outside world, so whole is now drivable
- changed the groove to be a bit brighter now
- changed water and its reflection texture

if anything else, please just PM me as before.

btw, damn looks good now ;)

DRS zones are requirements by the respective racing series that hire the track to be raced on.

And yes, the track should have DRS zones set, as otherwise it's pointless to race the track with DRS-capable cars such as the amazing RSS2. ;)
Sorry, me no english today. Too many works, not enough sleeps.
"I would only include it if in real life there are any races of certain racing series held on this track that use DRS and that have DRS zones set up on this track for their races."
Better? Yes?

Sorry, me no english today. Too many works, not enough sleeps.
"I would only include it if in real life there are any races of certain racing series held on this track that use DRS and that have DRS zones set up on this track for their races."
Better? Yes?
So, are here racing any series that might use DRS (if not here, on an other track)?

Lets see...
(here is the link to track`s schedule, use google chrome and translate it)
- Super GT does not support of any kind (compared to DTM which has a drs (or rds)), nor gt500, and nor any of gt300 cars
- Super Formula (Formula Nippon) has some other sort of DRS, increasing fuel supply temporarily to provide a 5 per cent boost in engine performance. This is available to drivers five times during the race and is active for 20 seconds each time. An LED light system on the roll hoop indicates how many OTS bursts each driver has used up
- Super Endurance Race (these are GT3 cars), which does not support drs as well

So, no series use DRS @ Okayama.

You could either set up an semi-realistic DRS zone on the long backstraight or make an fake short-zone on a corner to prevent to allow the DRS all around the circuit.

How does the AI behave with DRS cars when there is no DRS zone set and you are allowed to use it all the time?

This is also a nonsense comment related to the position of the DRS zones at the track.
This zones will be always at the longer straights. It makes no sense to open the DRS in the part of the track with the highest amount of corners.
This will be make DRS zones of course static.

So, are here racing any series that might use DRS (if not here, on an other track)?

Lets see...
(here is the link to track`s schedule, use google chrome and translate it)
- Super GT does not support of any kind (compared to DTM which has a drs (or rds)), nor gt500, and nor any of gt300 cars
- Super Formula (Formula Nippon) has some other sort of DRS, increasing fuel supply temporarily to provide a 5 per cent boost in engine performance. This is available to drivers five times during the race and is active for 20 seconds each time. An LED light system on the roll hoop indicates how many OTS bursts each driver has used up
- Super Endurance Race (these are GT3 cars), which does not support drs as well

So, no series use DRS @ Okayama.
My opinion:
The biggest advantage for a virtual counterpart is to race here whatever you like.
Its not limited by the reality. So I would add DRS zones for series which use this system.
In case Kunos could add proper DRS rules it will be add more tactic, immersion and thrill to the race :)

Greets After_Midnight

1. So DRS will be introduced, and thats it!
2. Doing outside WALLS (limitations for driving, colored in red on pic bellow) so whole field outside of the track walls will be drivable and limited and the same time, where it should be limited of course. This is on the request of some beta testers, and I agree it`s fine to do it. All terrain will be also drivable, for maybe some excursions.

ok_17_6.jpg

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.8%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 7.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.4%