RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although our time change hasn't happened yet over here, so I think that buys me an extra hour?
Compared to usual, yes. The clocks went / go backwards, so if yours hasn't changed yet that'll make the event an hour later. Where are you, out of interest? Nevermind... it's on your profile. :p

Last edited:
@Jopamir sorry for the crash , but you braked very early. You surprised me, I didnt spect it. I dont understand this car, In the second race, the car spined without any logic in the first corner, it was a pity because I lost the other cars and the rest of the race was boring. See you in the next race.

Grats Steve, had nothing for you all evening :thumbsup:. Tried to follow you in both races, but your pace was just too fast. Had to drive at 101% just to follow you and with you making no mistakes, there was no hope.

Did a slightly forceful overtake in race 2 going inside two cars in T1. A bit of door banging, not much, but more than I'd like in a club race. Nowhere near a crash, but sorry if you (forgot who it was) took offence to it.

Terrible track for these cars really, nowhere to really lean on the downforce like at Lausitzring. Oh well, on to the next one! :)

Last edited:
One of my worst tracks, combined on only making it for last 8min of practice didn’t give me much hope. But managed to get some speed in qualy. But with very strong grid it was enough for last place with set time.
Race 1: surviving, 1pos from Steve’s spin. Then @Jopamir game goes to desktop and takes out him and @Antmerino , 2pos for me and lucky 4th. Tried to follow Ross, downshifted to soon to 2nd at chicane and lose 1pos to Calvyn. Trying to keep Steve behind make mistake at Schumacher S, and with dirty tires didn’t want to risk on braking so let him go. Managed to follow and prepared attack for last 2 laps (even crew chief said “you will just ave to send it” :roflmao:), so I sent myself to the wall. Then lost confidence and had another 2 spins to take sure last place. On last lap saw @Calvyn White going slow so made sure to nudge him in front. Didn’t feel I deserved to finish ahead of anyone in that race.

Race 2: starting from pole, but for overtaken by Steve in turn 1. Then fighting for 3rd with Ross into turn one. He goes on outside I keep the middle and here it comes from nowhere... @Jan Larsen on inside. That was crazy late and safe braking mate, fantastic. After that got overtaken by Ross and JP, tried to follow but couldn’t get closer then 2-3sec.

Congrats @PurgerUK, fantastic pace. Jan for keeping him honest as much as possible, and Ross and Steve for podiums. See you next week.

Did a slightly forceful overtake in race 2 going inside two cars in T1. A bit of door banging, not much, but more than I'd like in a club race. Nowhere near a crash, but sorry if you (forgot who it was) took offence to it.
That was me a Sasha. Your ability to get these cars stopped is amazing mate! I thought I braked fairly late but certainly didn't expect you to brake even later and still manage to get it stopped in time to take the inside of us both. Great driving! :thumbsup:

I have seen the video and found that this car has launch control . I'm dumb :poop::poop:
You're not the only one mate... I had no idea these cars had launch control until someone mentioned it when the lights were already on in race one! I'd spend the warm-up practicing my starts too. :p

Other thing, what is your the relation of gears ?
I believe I extended the final ratio by 3-4 clicks. It put me near the end of 6th gear on the straight with both DRS and P2P activated.

For me race one was pretty quiet. I was in no-man's land way behind 2nd but comfortably ahead of 4th. But I love these cars and the Nurb, so it was still fun. Race two was better though, as I had a really nice fight with JP. Great driving mate, both on offence and defence. :thumbsup:

Roll on Zolder! :cool:

@Jopamir sorry for the crash , but you braked very early. You surprised me, I didnt spect it. I dont understand this car, In the second race, the car spined without any logic in the first corner, it was a pity because I lost the other cars and the rest of the race was boring. See you in the next race.
No worries Antonio really - if you are refering to R1 (still have to take a look at the replay), then the one who must apologize is me because , like a perfect twat noob, left a program running in the background that threw me to desktop... nothing I could do for a few seconds, just hoping i didnt ruin nobodies race. When I was back to RaceRoom I was in the gravel, dead last, but alive.
Other than that everything was normal I guess... I slightly banged you in the last corner of the race (late braking) trying to pass the car where it could not, glad you could keep it straight and finish safely :thumbsup:
See you in the next one;)

Now, I understand why you braked early. The bad thing was that I waited for you because I thought it was my mistake.
Im sorry mate... I saw the replay now and you were caught by surprise just as bad as I was... Glad I had that spin later on and that way you could get and keep the place in front of me (at the time i didnt realise anyone was caught in my incident - I didnt "feel" your bump as i was "out" of the game...)

For me race one was pretty quiet. I was in no-man's land way behind 2nd but comfortably ahead of 4th. But I love these cars and the Nurb, so it was still fun. Race two was better though, as I had a really nice fight with JP. Great driving mate, both on offence and defence. :thumbsup:

Roll on Zolder! :cool:
Great racing Ross :thumbsup:

That was me a Sasha. Your ability to get these cars stopped is amazing mate! I thought I braked fairly late but certainly didn't expect you to brake even later and still manage to get it stopped in time to take the inside of us both. Great driving! :thumbsup:
Thanks! I usually brake at the 110m mark, but this time it was at the 90m mark. Right on the edge with the backend wobbling a little from the aggressive downshifting. I only do that for overtaking in a straight line, otherwise it'd be suicide :)

copy_RRRE64_2020-10-31_23-39-46.jpg

the defining moment

Great battle Ross, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 539 68.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 337 43.0%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 358 45.7%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 179 22.9%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 210 26.8%
Back