Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the biggest changes on the setup is made with the diff.
That basically controls the corner entry mid and exit.
The suspension is to make it better to drive to your liking.
Would you guys agree?

I found the biggest changes on the setup is made with the diff.
That basically controls the corner entry mid and exit.
The suspension is to make it better to drive to your liking.
Would you guys agree?
It really depends on too many factors. Each sim has slightly different feelings when it comes to some setup changes. Then there's also the "quality" of the setup, which is not always good enough to make a car competitive from the beginning and therefore a simple diff change won't be enough.

Ok understand,
do you fast racers have some sort of setup values in mind that you never change?
I guess it depends of the car class of course.
What are your set values (if any) for the DTM 92 Cars not the Audi, but the RWD cars?
Or you guys just play around with all the values from the basic setup until it fits?

Ok understand,
do you fast racers have some sort of setup values in mind that you never change?
What are your set values (if any) for the DTM 92 Cars not the Audi, but the RWD cars?
Or you guys just play around with all the values from the basic setup until it fits?
Yes, not just on the class, but also on the single car of each class and their default setup. Each car may require different changes be.
Personally i tend to drive the default setup for a while, trying to get the best laptime possible and only then i try to change 1-2 values at a time and see if i'm faster and/or if the car feels better.

Ok understand,
That's some massive question with only a few words, lol!
A real reply to that would be a few pages long and roundup a whole setup build process.

In the end you mostly have to adjust EVERYTHING to keep the balance of a car. If you want to CHANGE the balance of a car however, then you don't need to.

It really is a long process and the only real way to get that right is to build feel and knowledge about all settings and then decide based on telemetry and gut-feeling what to change.

A little example of how to build a setup:
1. Default is mostly fine so don't touch anything at all and just learn how to drive.

2. Okay just kidding but it has a true core!

3. Aero! This changes all speeds of the car. Keep the balance and adjust that first.

4. Springs and Ride Height. Rake influences the behavior quite an amount while a lower car drives more aggressively on the limit.
The springs adjust the general "stiffness" of the car. You need to test if the car feels too soft or stiff for you. In general a softer car has more grip but is more difficult to handle. A stiffer car is easier to handle but will start to bounce too much at some point.

5. Anti-Roll-Bars: stiff ones make the car easier to drive but you'll lose grip at some point. While the front ARB mostly are felt due to understeer or oversteer, the rear ARB will make a big difference for corner entry oversteer (at low settings) and corner exit traction loss (at high settings).

6. Dampers: high damper settings make the car a lot easier to handle but Kerbs can bump up the car and bumps will be more aggressively. If you lose the car and don't know why, bump up the dampers!

7. Camber: too much camber is really difficult to feel imho but too low camber settings will result in some weird sliding of the tyres. Like you feel that the rubber has grip but you slide nonetheless...

Overall these are really quick and subjective words that don't sum it up correctly in any way but it may help you to go the first steps!
I'm studying engineering and I think I spent already around 50h just reading and testing setup settings, car physics and analyzing telemetry. I still don't know how to make a car scientifically faster!

Hi,

I would like to know if there are some specific setups working well for the FRX-17.

About the springs, how should we process to set them? Is it a good idea to set the wings to the minimum, in order to concentrate on the handling of the chassis?
About the anti-roll bars, should we set them rather hard or rather soft?

What do we usually set differently between a Qualification setup and a Hotlap setup? I think for example we can reduce the wings, as we have more fuel when doing Hotlaps.

What is best for Differential power? Should we try to have a low value such us 30-40% and use harder anti-roll bars at the front to counter oversteer?

Thank you very much for your help :)

Trying to shave time on the Nordchleife in the TTRSCup on the Tourist circuit, bridge to gantry timetrial.

I've been running with stock setup - and don't really know where or how to adjust anything which might improve times.

Can anyone give me pointers ?

FRX17 setups are very personal for different driving styles. The are a few general things I've found that help. Slow the rear rebound to around 20 and drop the front dampers to 12/12. You need a lot of wing for a car this fast so I would run 21/18 for wings on an average track. 30/40/2 is fine for the Diff. drop the brake pressure into the mid 80's to prevent lockup and 52~54% bias.My ARBs are on the low side.

Title says it all but I'd like to have some tips for front wheel driven cars like wtcc/wtcr or the TT's.
I'd guess soft front springs and arb, high camber at front and rear. But I don't know for certain so I'm rather asking before doing it all wrong :D

Hi Eddie,

Thank you very much for you answer. This is a great help! :). I will try with a lower brake pressure. I'm currently using 100%, but using less could help me for a better corner entry.

Daniel

Not sure about the exact names of the folders but you copy the setup file into Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\CarSetups or something like that :) and then choose what track and layout you want it under :thumbsup:
What do you mean choose track/layout? Do I have to create a folder named after the track? I've moved 4 setups in UserData/CarSetups but they don't show up in game.

What do you mean choose track/layout? Do I have to create a folder named after the track? I've moved 4 setups in UserData/CarSetups but they don't show up in game.
Yes, you first need a folder with the track name, then a subfolder with the layout name, where you drop your setup file. (i.e. a HOCKENHEIMRING folder with 3 subfolders: Grand Prix, National, Short).
The easiest is to go in game, fire the track you want to use, then save a setup. It will create the needed folders. You don't need to exit the game, you can alt tab and drop the setup file in the newly created folder. Then go back to the game, choose 'load setup': you should see the setup you just added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 58 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%