[RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements

Apps [RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements v1.1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi I wanted to know if it was normal that when I but petrol in times 2 the ia only half the tank and did not finish the race because lack of petrol

Hi all. Seems I'm not lucky with my question. Just few answer. But I can't giveup .
Today I like to submit to the community the following queston: when I want to update rare with a more recent version do I need to delete all the "rare track folder" created using the previous version?
I just want to have a very new clean installation...

Is there a way to change the tyre compounds so some cars don't start on wets? I am using the CSP 0.1.80-preview218 and the v1.2.0.0-preview. Running the RSS Formula Hybrid 2023

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out.

Last edited:
hello friends , i have a little problem , i made f1 grids were i put the aggressive and strenght to every driver with balast on cars , in rare menu i disable the ai tweaks , but ai is still be very agressive and strong , i want only the drs rules , nothing to mess with ai . is this posible ?

I just installed this and WOW it really does make the experience so much better, but I need some help here, I am looking at racing a full race distance in a weekend Championship with as much realism as I can get out of Assetto Corsa but need some guidance of what the best setting would be in regards to tyre wear fuel usage and pitting, also i am not the best sim racer also not the worst so maybe some AI strength settings would be cool as well... any thoughts?

PS: This is by far the best mod out there to make F1 as realistic as you can get from Assetto Corsa.. WELL DONE!!!!

Hey everybody,

New issue I'm coming up on. Some cars will go in and fuel on their first stop, but will only fuel for the "default" amount (~13 liters for a Hypercar versus a full tank of ~75), and need to pit a few laps later. I do have a fuel multiplier on CM, but I could have sworn it worked earlier. If I need to do 1x fuel, that's fine, I just don't know if anyone else is having this issue and there's another workaround for this. Thanks!

I just installed this and WOW it really does make the experience so much better, but I need some help here, I am looking at racing a full race distance in a weekend Championship with as much realism as I can get out of Assetto Corsa but need some guidance of what the best setting would be in regards to tyre wear fuel usage and pitting, also i am not the best sim racer also not the worst so maybe some AI strength settings would be cool as well... any thoughts?

PS: This is by far the best mod out there to make F1 as realistic as you can get from Assetto Corsa.. WELL DONE!!!!
What track are you racing at? In my experience I have found that anywhere from 35% to 50% tire wear for the ai to pit seems to work. Fuel I have no idea about since I usually just turn off fuel consumption for modern F1 cars. And as far as ai strength, I usually just do a few 2-3 lap races until I find the number that works best.

What track are you racing at? In my experience I have found that anywhere from 35% to 50% tire wear for the ai to pit seems to work. Fuel I have no idea about since I usually just turn off fuel consumption for modern F1 cars. And as far as ai strength, I usually just do a few 2-3 lap races until I find the number that works best.
Hi Kr, I'm interested on your strenght management.
I tried everything but whatever value I put either in the cm race strenght adjustment or in the RARE AI strenght slider the make always the same time (to far from my poor simracing performance).
For instance in BAHREIN the best is always 1'30"546...
I have no clue how to get it working... Any hints?

Last edited:
Hi Kr, I'm interested on your strenght management.
I tried everything but whatever value I put either in the cm race strenght adjustment or in the RARE AI strenght slider the make always the same time (to far from my poor simracing performance).
For instance in BAHREIN the best is always 1'30"546...
I have no clue how to get it working... Any hints?
Have you tried adding ballast to the other cars? That may help some. What car are you running?

Hi guys, RARE worked well for me a few weeks, but now I raced with ASR-H at Laguna Seca and some cars after pit stop stayed in the pits, they were bouncing. It looked like they drove a few centimetres but they were teleported back to the pits and they couldn't get out of pits. Another problem is that for some cars the pit stop is so long, it last about twenty seconds or even more. Please, how can I fix this?

Last edited:
yea I also made the Ai fill their tanks to the brim and I am currently running Ai strength at 95%.
Tyre wear I have changed to 1.5 and they must pit when tyres are at 91% as Assetto Corsa's Tyre wear indicators are not accurate.. I mean you start slipping everywhere when the tyres are at 90%?

This basically forces Ai to pit at least once a race of 25 laps.

Hi guys, RARE worked well for me a few weeks, but now I raced with ASR-H at Laguna Seca and some cars after pit stop stayed in the pits, they were bouncing. It looked like they drove a few centimetres but they were teleported back to the pits and they couldn't get out of pits. Another problem is that for some cars the pit stop is so long, it last about twenty seconds or even more. Please, how can I fix this?
Does anyone know how to fix this? Please

Does anyone know how to fix this? Please
Hi,

1: Does this issue only occur on this track? If yes, try reinstalling it. 2: Which cars are you using, and does it happen consistently with the same ones? If yes, refer to the previous point. 3: Are you using the Content Manager and have you checked the "AI retirement settings" under "New AI Behaviour" ----> "Get Back to the race after going to pits"? If not, the cars will remain in the pits both after the teleport to the box and during some stops.

I occasionally experience this too, but it's unrelated to the car and track, and it's really rare.

I hope I could help.

hello friends , i have a little problem , i made f1 grids were i put the aggressive and strenght to every driver with balast on cars , in rare menu i disable the ai tweaks , but ai is still be very agressive and strong , i want only the drs rules , nothing to mess with ai . is this posible ?
Hi,

Does this apply to all tracks? If yes, only in specific corners?

I used to have frequent issues with aggressive AI, even at level 0 in CM (and without RARE enabled).

In most cases, it's the exaggerated or missing "ai_hints.ini" files to blame (in the data folder of the track).

Most tracks lack this file, and by default, the AI seems to drive at 110%.

For testing purposes, try creating an "ai_hints.ini" file and insert the following:

[HINT_0]
START=0
END=1
VALUE=0.8

Then save and close it.

The 'Value' here represents the strength and/or aggressiveness in percentage between the Start and End points.

You can create virtually endless points, one for each corner.

It's important to number everything correctly, so after [HINT_0], there should be [HINT_1], and make sure the Start and End points do not overlap.

Additionally, if you're already using a RARE layout, remember that the "ai_hints.ini" file should also be placed in the data folder of the RARE layouts

Last edited:

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 280 36.8%
  • Porsche

Votes: 291 38.2%
  • BMW

Votes: 274 36.0%
  • McLaren

Votes: 177 23.3%
  • Toyota

Votes: 284 37.3%
  • Intel

Votes: 96 12.6%