Samsung CRG9 / 49" / 32:9 Monitor (5120 x 1440 1000 HDR)

Well I just maxed out my G9 with my almost finished pc build I just tested AVG 247 running 240hz Gsync graphics are so clean ingame :)
3F09AA4D-B314-4B79-AEB8-E3CD1256CED7.jpeg

I finally took the time to set things up so I can stream races last night (mostly just to record them to youtube) and got a good race recorded today, the camera angle I am using might help folks still on the fence about ultrawide:

FOV is 102 degrees, display is 19.5" from my eyes. If I keep using youtube live like this I will figure out some lighting to get the exposure more balanced on the wheel camera.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if there are any differences between C49RG90 and C49RG94?

My research showed that monitors are same and different model number has to do with the commercial region of the product.

Still in doubt though as I can find both versions in my region(Europe).

Even on german amazon one can find both products without any specs differences:

Seriously considering buying this 49'' beauty as I am looking for a monitor to use for teleworking and sim racing.
I currently game at 4k 55' TV and work on a 32'' inch old Samsung TV.
And while my teleworking activities will have a significant boost, the gaming resolution downgrade make me hesitant.
It's one month that I read reviews and user forum posts.
Everybody agree that trying a UW monitor is a no return to 16:9 point.
But it is also true that once you go 4k...
Even the aspect ratio make me skeptic.
Cause I never tried a curved monitor and a flat 16:9 seems a more safe choice eventhough ultrawides shine in both above mentioned tasks.
Having said the above, I find two 43'' 4k monitors very tempting.
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ and Acer Predator CG437K.
They may be not so suitable for working(keep reading reviews as this will be a deal braker) but they certainly are two gaming beasts.
Higher resolution, better HDR, higher refresh rate, better contrast, lower response time.
But they also cost 500 euros more and I really will appreciate if you convince me that I do not have to spend them:)

ps: I still have to check reviews about LG CX48 in order to conclude my research but this is definitely an outsider. After years of TV gaming I really want a pc monitor.

I'm starting to see a few reports mentioning that G9s manufactured after December 2020 are arriving with firmware version 1009.0

I don't think it's available for download just yet but hopefully it'll arrive soon and include some tweaks to improve performance and iron out some of the remaining bugs :)

I have the same setup as you, and looking to your pic even the RIG setup is the same :D
I have a G9, and although I've never tried the C49RG90, the curve on this one really fits the sim racing purpose. It's really immersive!
Beyond that, I don't think there's a big of a difference (for sim racing purpose), since the increased Refresh Rate will not be important for it.

• Deleted member 197115

C49RG90 can do 48 - 120Hz FreeSync, G9 60-240, although while it works on NVidia cards, NVidia didn't officially certify it as G-Sync compatible.
Would appreciate inside input from whoever owned both as facing the same dilemma myself. So far after reading reviews and bunch of reddit posts, learning toward 120hz model.
Wish LG had FreeSync IPS in this format. They have 49" monitor, but it's not VRR.

Last edited by a moderator:
, G9 60-240, although while it works on NVidia cards, NVidia didn't officially certify it as G-Sync compatible.
What do you mean didn't officially certify it as G-Sync? The G9 is G-Sync compatible and certified.
It's not G-Sync ultimate since it doesn't have the module but nevertheless it's certified and works with Nvidia 1000 series and up.

• Deleted member 197115

What do you mean didn't officially certify it as G-Sync? The G9 is G-Sync compatible and certified.
It's not G-Sync ultimate since it doesn't have the module but nevertheless it's certified and works with Nvidia 1000 series and up.
120hz mode, not G9. NVidia list.
After more readings seems like they also improved black smearing and response time on G9, but CRG9 still has better contrast ratio. Here's a good comparison matrix.

Most people on reddit are happy with upgrade, if it's not a lemon, too many issues with Odyssey still, but seems like things are improving, this amazon review mentions serial numbers to look for when getting G9.

I will not be of much help, but.
- I recently got a G9 on a crazy sale.
- Sold my CRG9 and the net diff was about 200 euros.
- What do I notice?
- Standing beside the rig, the curve is very apparent. Inside the seat it's not obvious but I would say it simply seems more natural than the CRG9. But not something I'd say is a dramatic difference.
- honestly, I don't really notice much diff re: colours etc, but it can be that my eye is not as fine tuned as others.
- I haven't used Gsync too much yet, but I didn't use Freesync on the CRG9 either. Probably something I need to check out more, but I'm not much help here re real benefit or difference.
- I never had any issue with 120Hz. So 240Hz i honestly don't know if I'll ever tell any real difference....
- Only thing that causes me a bit of issue (minor) is simply that the G9 has 2 USB ports, while CRG9 has 4. I used those and now I have to get another usb hub.

Sorry not to be more technical, but if the cost difference is minor, like I was able to achieve, then latest/greatest usually is a good thing. But if it's 50% price difference, I can tell you that the CRG9 was a VERY good monitor.

I didn't try them side by side, but I wouldn't say I see an obvious or dramatic improvement.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Does anyone fancy an upgrade :)
Interesting to see them still evolving it, guess demand is high.
Surprising considering very specific format that works really well only for flying/racing games,
unlike 21:9 which is more universal, 49" in 21:9 would be a killer though.
Wish they increased VRR range, really big difference in graphics heavy titles having one VRR that starts at 47 (LG 38GL950G) and this one only at 60.
Out of all sim racing titles only ACC sports HDR (don't count Forza as a sim), so all these local dimming and HDR2000 improvements are not really relevant for our use.

id be happy if I could get my SC2 Pro smooth in AC because that preset of yours just makes it judder for some reason like cogging when cornering :D

Without wanting to go off topic, are you sure you using AC settings that were from me? If you did, they'll be well out of date as I haven't played it for 18 months :D

Also, take a look into the firmware version you are currently running as it could be related to issues with recent releases, going by posts over at GD?

Without wanting to go off topic, are you sure you using AC settings that were from me? If you did, they'll be well out of date as I haven't played it for 18 months :D

Also, take a look into the firmware version you are currently running as it could be related to issues with recent releases, going by posts over at GD?
No it’s actually on the software pre loaded when you choose it, mentions your name

No it’s actually on the software pre loaded when you choose it, mentions your name

That's strange. I've never upgraded to nor used the online profiles version of the FW.

Best thing to do would be to head over to Granite and the main AC thread where there are quite a few suggested settings you could have a try with. Look for settings from Andrew_WOT in particular as he's very knowledgeable around AC FFB :)

That's strange. I've never upgraded to nor used the online profiles version of the FW.

Best thing to do would be to head over to Granite and the main AC thread where there are quite a few suggested settings you could have a try with. Look for settings from Andrew_WOT in particular as he's very knowledgeable around AC FFB :)
Yes thx Paul,
seems a struggle with some wheels I have and these presets more than not its pretty bad compared to how smooth my DD2 was on all cars and all tracks and games,
here seems to depend on not just the game but even what wheel is connected.

• Deleted member 197115

@CC, your PM is disabled, ping me, I might have some profiles and settings to share.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 33 15.9%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 26 12.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 29 13.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 117 56.3%