Should I upgrade from T150 or try some settings first?

Hi!

I'm new to sim-racing and can't decide what to do. I have a T150 wheel and just can't get any good feeling of the car in AC. It feels empty and uninformative. Are there any advice how to set force-feedback for that wheel or I should just bite the bullet and by TX-series wheel or such? I don't whant to spend half a grand for nothing :).

Thanks in advance!

I followed the Wheelcheck + LUT generator method with the T150 and the result is a terribly lightweight and incorrect force feedback feel that made challenging cars borderline undrivable. Don't know if it is the same sensation as yours.
I've reverted to standard FFB with gain at 100% combined with the FFB Clip app and a 50% gamma (still trying) and I'm now enjoying much more AC. Give it a try!

Hi!

I'm new to sim-racing and can't decide what to do. I have a T150 wheel and just can't get any good feeling of the car in AC. It feels empty and uninformative. Are there any advice how to set force-feedback for that wheel or I should just bite the bullet and by TX-series wheel or such? I don't whant to spend half a grand for nothing :).

Thanks in advance!
From the wheelcheck results I could find for the T150, it looks like it has about 10% deadzone before reaction to ffb inputs.

Like DizzyDuck said, I would NOT recommend using a LUT generator lut.
50% gamma makes lower ffb stronger but therefore you lose fidelity in the higher ffb ranges.
I would not recommend using gamma at all.

Anyway:
Put gain to 100%
minimum force to 7-12%
Kerb to 1-5%
Road 1-10%
slip and abs to your liking depending how much vibration you want. I personally use 20%

Wheel rotation 1080 for AC and in the TM panel.
In the TM panel:
Overall strength to 100%!
Spring and Damper to 100% too.
For auto-center: set it to "by the wheel", then put the slider to 0%, then set it to "by the game" again.
TM_Settings.JPG

I have to "invert" the pedals with my Fanatec pedals. The steering part is important with Gamma at 1.0 and Scale 100%. Filter and speed sensitivity to 0%!!
T150_2.JPG

FFB, set to how I would recommend for a first try with the T150/TMX:

T150_1.JPG

Thank you for the replies, but I've decided to upgrade anyways. I've bough TX Leather Edition and it feels so much better than T150. FFB is also great especiall with cars from RRS is AC.

Thank you for the replies, but I've decided to upgrade anyways. I've bough TX Leather Edition and it feels so much better than T150. FFB is also great especiall with cars from RRS is AC.
Tx/t300 are a full step above the t150, no argument against that.
Nice that you're enjoying it! :)

The good thing about the tx/t300 and above that the ta-pc wheels is that you don't need to adjust settings endlessly without ever getting really happy.

You just dial the gain in to your liking, a tiny bit of minimum force if you want the center to be more alive and then the effects to your liking.

But it will always feel good if you don't mess with the settings completely. All Sims will be very driveable at defaults!

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 301 36.1%
  • Porsche

Votes: 321 38.5%
  • BMW

Votes: 301 36.1%
  • McLaren

Votes: 198 23.8%
  • Toyota

Votes: 312 37.5%
  • Intel

Votes: 102 12.2%