Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

Say you have a platform with 4 actuators and you want to add another actuator for traction loss. What if the new actuator is 150mm while the other 4 actuators are just 100mm stroke? What if the new actuator is a foldback type? Watch this video to see how easy is to setup all this in the AMC-AASD15A:

I designed button covers and slim knob for the 3D printed enclosure... I'll include them soon in the design files on thingiverse

IMG_20190529_082605.jpg

Ok, I got my 60ST-M01930 servomotor today and tried to assemble it on the foldback actuator I had. I can only tell, i prefer strongly to just get the actuators with already installed motors on them, even if all dimensions were right and fit exactly, still took me more than 30 minutes! I can feel for all people here that are in worse place having to source parts that may or may not fit exactly and assemble this tight enough to hold together for a rough ride.

Anyway, it could be boring to watch, but here it is, heavily trimmed down to 11mins...

Thanks
Thanos

With the new simtools hexapod plugin and the low cost linear servomotor actuators that are coming soon, we will be able to have a decent Steward 6DOF platform now with less than 4000usd in materials ;)

AMC simtools hexapod plugin 6DOF.jpg

AMC settings 6DOF.jpg

BTW, these are screenshots of the yet not released simtools 2.4... Great things are coming!

Thanks,
Thanos

we will be able to have a decent Steward 6DOF platform
I'm not sure how Steward platform with servos will work but it's been proven that Steward with big AC motors and gearboxes was not a good idea for racing sim to begin with.

I'm not sure how Steward platform with servos will work but it's been proven that Steward with big AC motors and gearboxes was not a good idea for racing sim to begin with.

There where some good platforms that where using AC motors with VFD inverters and worm gearboxes and performed well for racing sims.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqHhe4-qvBM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mAPDHoFqeE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRlK4c0-5rE

But now we can make better ones with linear servomotor actuators. Like these:

After finished assembly of my foldback actuator and setup quickly the parameters on it and I did a side to side comparison test to my other faster inline actuator (500mm/s).

Thanks
Thanos

With the new simtools hexapod plugin and the low cost linear servomotor actuators that are coming soon, we will be able to have a decent Steward 6DOF platform now with less than 4000usd in materials ;)

View attachment 308294

View attachment 308295

BTW, these are screenshots of the yet not released simtools 2.4... Great things are coming!

Thanks,
Thanos
This is great news. Let us know when is available
mmexport1559223112537-jpg.308261

https://www.racedepartment.com/attachments/mmexport1559223112537-jpg.308261/

I like to build a 6dof flight sim...,
Thanks

The new one, your hand held as shown in the pic which is NOT belt driven, is it designed for push-pull, right?

Also, for 300mm stoke one, what is minimum height required from floor to ceiling for 6dof platform as shown (if I use VR set only, no monitors)?

The new one, your hand held as shown in the pic which is NOT belt driven, is it designed for push-pull, right?

Also, for 300mm stoke one, what is minimum height required from floor to ceiling for 6dof platform as shown (if I use VR set only, no monitors)?

The actuators are designed for push-pull even if just used for floor contact.

About the clearance needed for the 6DOF platform, you should ask PT-Actuator, they can verify dimensions and mounting options.

I have a video of such platform that is shown here (without screens mounted yet though):

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 34 15.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 27 12.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 30 13.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 75 34.7%
  • Saturday

Votes: 122 56.5%