Tracks Twin Ring Motegi [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
New all terrain texture (based on the real image from last summer), 3d grass and bushes.

Wow it looks so good really. It is visible the great attention you are paying to details and I have to congratulate with you for the excellent result. When you will release it do not forget to leave your paypal details so that we can offer you some beers. Do you already have in mind an approximative date? Thank you

Only thing that caught my eye are the white lines on the tarmac and the track edge itself, in some places they appear a little too perfectly straight IMO (then again ofc it's a Japanese track, it may be extra tidy :whistling:)

Be assured, that the original tarmac is totaly smooth and tidy
He meant white lines ;) Take a look at this, as he said, thats Japan, all in order :)
img_18.jpg

Some latest notes: I`m doing optimization for the last 3 days, and this is a damn hard job to do. I am going a bit different way then the Kunos`s guys, and I am getting some better results. The main issue with Motegi is, that it is in a valley, that`s why all the objects can be seen from almost every spot. So a normal way of optimizing with hiding object just don`t work. So far I`m really pleased with what I`ve done indeed. Numbers for fps, dip and triangles are really looking good, and I`m not done yet. So :thumbsup:

PS: but I guess we are now in 2020 and everybody has better computers then I do, so not much of a worry, but I just want to do a decent job anyway :)

Hi Mitja, and congratulations on the work you are doing.
Many months ago I had also started a version from scratch of this track.
I did it to learn how to use blender.
Then I found out that you were working on this too, and I immediately understood that your job was more professional than mine,
but I went on anyway.
I've been standing still for a while, while now I see that you are almost done and the result is highly professional, CONGRATULATIONS!
Maybe I will go on to learn more, but I look forward to your MOTEGI. Great!!
MOTEGI_PAT_1.jpg

MOTEGI_PAT_2.jpg

Then I found out that you were working on this too, and I immediately understood that your job was more professional than mine,
but I went on anyway.
I've been standing still for a while, while now I see that you are almost done and the result is highly professional, CONGRATULATIONS!
View attachment 362771

View attachment 362772
Seems like a huge shame to waste all of that work. You wait years for a good TRM and then two come along at once.
The track's, what, 23 years old now? So not much scope for adapting yours into a historic version either, unless there have been so big changes to the infrastructure during that time.

Seems like a huge shame to waste all of that work. You wait years for a good TRM and then two come along at once.
The track's, what, 23 years old now? So not much scope for adapting yours into a historic version either, unless there have been so big changes to the infrastructure during that time.
You are completely right.
some time ago I also thought of contacting Mitija but my English is poor
and at that time I didn't feel ready.
Patience. Now the track is almost ready and soon, I hope, we'll have fun.

but I went on anyway.
View attachment 362771

View attachment 362772
Hi there, what a shame indeed. And its even more shame we both have worked apart :( We could joined forces, if you would contact me. But now I`m almost done, last tweaks and details, are we are ready to launch. Do you have any youtube video of your project so far?

Last edited:
but I went on anyway.

maybe you should do tsukuba ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Porsche

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • BMW

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • McLaren

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Toyota

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Intel

Votes: 3 13.6%