2018 Formula One Azerbaijan Grand Prix

Best Zig Zagger met best "overtaker", it was close they didn't met best undertaker.
Now puppies are very scared in doghouse they have to meet factory workers. Most terrible experience in they life, ask forgivness.

Marko and Horner are ridiculous, why they didnt made them most expensive , paid toilet cleanears in factory and u.k.

According to ex-F1 pilots Guido vd Garde and Robert Doornbos it was RIC who was at fault. They claim VER may weave from left to right as long as it's not while under the braking.

This is part of the changed regulations after the infamous Verstappen-rule.

Now I am even more interested what the stewards will say.
Haha!! according to two DUTCH drivers the DUTCH driver wasn't to blame, not biased at all then :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Best Zig Zagger met best "overtaker", it was close they didn't met best undertaker.
Now puppies are very scared in doghouse they have to meet factory workers. Most terrible experience in they life, ask forgivness.

Marko and Horner are ridiculous, why they didnt made them most expensive , paid toilet cleanears in factory and u.k.

Jesus Christ - where did you get that stuff?
Can you get more?

Ohh man this is a forum and is my opinion. A little respect please for people with a opinion...

My opinion is based on

1 Redbull had after the pitstop say... no fighting again we go for the points
2. Ricardo zig zag... left and right before the atack I tought that this was not allowed anymore.
3 max move one time before he breaks and not second time
4 Ricardo crashed into Max, Max not in Ricardo

2. The one who is behind can and is allowed to do as many zig zag moves as he want.
3. The one who is defending his place can and is allowed to do only one move and after that he must stay on that line. Max changed his line first to the right and second time back to the left. So he canged two times his line.

Reactions: BP
When I read this.... Verstappen is always the blame... again and again.... it does matter what he doing. Ricardi crashed in his car and Max is the 100% blame. What a joke!

Niki Lauda has message to you :speechless:

This is the rule "More than one change of direction to defend a position is not permitted. If a driver has moved off the racing line while defending their position, they may move back but must ensure there is at least one car’s width between their own car and the edge of the track." When Max moves first to right and then left there is not one car’s width between his own car and the edge of the track.

Last edited:
Ohh man this is a forum and is my opinion. A little respect please for people with a opinion...

My opinion is based on

1 Redbull had after the pitstop say... no fighting again we go for the points
2. Ricardo zig zag... left and right before the atack I tought that this was not allowed anymore.
3 max move one time before he breaks and not second time
4 Ricardo crashed into Max, Max not in Ricardo

I don't think i've been direspectful, "stubborn" isn't an insult or anything like this.
Thank you for providing some facts from what you make an opinion, too bad half of them are completely wrong though.

2. as Tomi said OF COURSE the "overtaker" can zigzag, the overtaker has to find on what side he wants to go
3. already explained
4. Are you serious lol ? ricciardo "crashed" into Max BECAUSE Max moved back a second time it wouldn't have happened otherwise.

We also forgot to mention when ricciardo tried to overtake Max earlier in the race (T1 too), Ricciardo let SPACE for Max inside the corner and what did Max do ? almost pushed ricciardo in the tecpro barriers...

Haha!! according to two DUTCH drivers the DUTCH driver wasn't to blame, not biased at all then :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
That was my conclusion as well at first. Although it does seems to have some merit if you look a bit closer.

In my opinion Max was totally to blame for this team-failure but, and i haven't verified this yet, the rules seem to have changed with regards to weaving. Effectively you can not change your line anymore in the braking zone / while under braking. Max moved a lot from left to right but when on the brakes his steer was straight and RIC drove into him. (didn't have any option either :D)

If this are the new modern F1 rules then they are ripe for another debat I think as the "old" rule of not being allowed to change your line after you made one as a defending driver was in this case much more clear to decide the person responsible. My personal opinion is that he is wrong in both cases: way too wild on this one and totally unneeded. But the same can be said for Ricciardo. Too ambitious. Too much of everything. And this is the result of not having team orders? At least it was controversial and exciting too watch. Haven't been bored in the last part of the race that's for sure :)

Have the stewards already issued a verdict? Can't wait..

Wow what a race! bits of car flying everywhere! some if it unfortunately into bottas' tyre!

Max was doing some dirty driving earlier on, and to his own teammate! shocking, if there is anyone you should respect on track its him surely? looking at the first contact, from a drivers perspective, it looks like he was unloading the steering wheel into Danny ric. Only a little bit, but enough to cause a ding, thats almost race ending right there! The second incident was inevitable I'm afraid, regardless of whose at fault. This race cost them dearly. I think if they weren;t squabbling amongst themselves, they definitely could be the team to beat this year.

A credit to some of the other drivers who put in some barnstorming performances today... well, with that amount of retiree's the top ten was almost all that was running.

It's kinda unhealthy what is happening here in NL. ZiggoTV who are airing the live coverage of F1 are owned by Liberty Global (yes, indeed) and the show surrounding the live sessions on track are mostly sponsored by Verstappen.nl with it's merchandise etc. Our reporter and commentator are biased as can be and the guys who are the so called experts in the studio aren't fully unbiased either imo, too afraid to rub the fans against their hairs?

Seems the hype train is coming to a halt though as more and more people are now seeing that Max is not longer the likable kid but a driver who has, as of a late, been on the wrong side of the fence when making crucial decisions and mistakes. Don't get me wrong I do love his aggressive style and overtaking moves and above all his huge potential but when you are wrong you need to admit it. That's what makes great champions great, know when you need to admit you are wrong. Besides that you need have the gift to surround yourself with people who are not afraid to tell you the truth especially when you are not asking for it.

It's going to be interesting how this all is going to evolve in the coming months and years. I still remember Jos Verstappen was an equally massive talent but he became his own worst opponent over time.

It's kinda unhealthy what is happening here in NL. ZiggoTV who are airing the live coverage of F1 are owned by Liberty Global (yes, indeed) and the show surrounding the live sessions on track are mostly sponsored by Verstappen.nl with it's merchandise etc. Our reporter and commentator are biased as can be and the guys who are the so called experts in the studio aren't fully unbiased either imo.

Seems the hype train is coming to a halt though as more and more people are now seeing that Max is not longer the likeable kid but a driver who has, as of a late, been on the wrong side of the fence when making crucial decisions and mistakes. Don't get me wrong I do love his aggressive style and overtaking moves but when you are wrong you need to admit it. That's what making great champions great, know when you need to admit you are wrong or that you have surrounded yourself with people who are not afraid to tell you the truth.

It's going to be interesting how this all is going to evolve in the coming months.

Damn, sounds like the North Korea of the F1 fanbase over there. Now I see what some of these "opinions" in here are about

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 113561

• You can't move under breaking -> I don't think VERstappen moved, so no rule violation in that regard
  • Yes you can move as an attacker as much as you want
  • You can only do 1 defensive move as the defender -> VER broke this rule very clearly, ultimately nearly chopping RICciardo -> which causes that RIC got dirty air and couldn't take the road he wanted to go for
I would set 95% blame on VERSTAPPEN!

Last edited by a moderator:
ot kinda derailed myself there sorry about that sorry!!

Back on topic

I thought the charge that Hulkenberg had early on was quite something and as for the Super soft tyres they lasted what some 40 something laps it was definitely better than expected but as for wind that did cause issues with the Mercedes at points but oddly the Ferrari was better handling through it weird...

• You can't move under breaking -> I don't think Verstappen moved, so no rule violation in that regard
  • Yes you can move as an attacker as much as you want
  • You can only do 1 defensive move as the defender -> VER broke this rule very clearly, ultimately nearly chopping RICciardo -> which causes that RIC got dirty air and couldn't take the road he wanted to go for
I would set 95% blame on RIC!

Isnt it by law that if you have an accident the person from behind is at blame if you get involved in a rear end impact, I am unsure if that rule applies to Formula 1 or not?

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 313 35.0%
  • Porsche

Votes: 344 38.4%
  • BMW

Votes: 330 36.9%
  • McLaren

Votes: 214 23.9%
  • Toyota

Votes: 329 36.8%
  • Intel

Votes: 114 12.7%