2018 Formula One Azerbaijan Grand Prix

That's hugely overstating of course and a bad attempt to get this discussion in the wrong direction. Not appreciated.

Yes, of course overstating... And no, no intention/ no attempt made at all actually. Thought you said yourself how there´s huge bias in dutch media, so that fanbase will naturally have an opinion shifted more towards their local hero. Or did I get you wrong there?

• You can't move under breaking -> I don't think VERstappen moved, so no rule violation in that regard
  • Yes you can move as an attacker as much as you want
  • You can only do 1 defensive move as the defender -> VER broke this rule very clearly, ultimately nearly chopping RICciardo -> which causes that RIC got dirty air and couldn't take the road he wanted to go for
I would set 95% blame on RIC!

So how did the gap close then if Max did not move? This was also right on the start of the braking zone

So finaly watched after work and man this Baku GP can be awesome! Loved the Redbull rebels fight it out ;-) to bad it ended like it did. Have to feel for Bottas what bad luck. Overall really enjoyed the race and i nearlly pissed myself after hearing Grosjean say that Ericsson hit him:roflmao:

So finaly watched after work and man this Baku GP can be awesome! Loved the Redbull rebels fight it out ;-) to bad it ended like it did. Have to feel for Bottas what bad luck. Overall really enjoyed the race and i nearlly pissed myself after hearing Grosjean say that Ericsson hit him:roflmao:

I remember that and Ericsson wasnt he like a second and a bit or more like 2 seconds behind him, so his claims of Ericsson hitting him are void and there is clear video proof of it that he caused his own accident xD!!

Sounds like FIA official take is both Daniel & Max were naughty boys, but I just can't get behind that view. That looked like blocking on Max's part, pure and simple. Max tried to cut off the outside line - perfectly legit...but then Daniel countered and Max decided he'd like to cut off the inside line too. That's how it looked to my eyes at least. Not cool, dude!

Also, what a ridiculously impulsive move on Vettels part trying that comically overambitious move on Bottas. WTH was he thinking?!? Granted, he had not way of knowing Bottas would blow a tire within a lap, but I just found that to be a shocking lack of patience/sophistication on Sebs part.

Yepp it is a soap... Verstappen defending his position that is racing and Ricardo must know better... wait one round for a better shot

Why should Ricciardo know better??? Shouldn't Max know Ricciardo better in first place???
1 - Max needs to respect the other drivers on track, starting with his team mate who is faster than him and is much more experienced and reliable. Daniel has been very tolerant with Max and has shown commitment to help him and the team. Max has a very wrong racing behaviour unfortunetly...he needs to get punished for his attitude. Too bad Redbull is a utter rubbish when it comes down to manage their human resourses so FIA needs to step in. Cant wait to see Daniel on a diferent team and with a long time deserved winning car!
Really enjoyed Ric moves on Max today. He has shown again how much faster he is even being pushed off track by the kid.
Luckly for Max he didn't get fliped in the air on that stupid move!

Last edited:
Sounds like FIA official take is both Daniel & Max were naughty boys, but I just can't get behind that view. That looked like blocking on Max's part, pure and simple. Max tried to cut off the outside line - perfectly legit...but then Daniel countered and Max decided he'd like to cut off the inside line too. That's how it looked to my eyes at least. Not cool, dude!

They put the main fault on Verstappen.

The FIA criticize Ricciardo for having committed too much on the left side pass, which was blocked legally (first move by Max).

They put the main fault on Verstappen.

The FIA criticize Ricciardo for having committed too much on the left side pass, which was blocked legally (first move by Max).
Legal my ass, he blocked to the right, then blocked to the left, which is not legal, the FIA have whitewashed this, no-way Ric could have braked in time in max's dirty air once commited. The FIA's findings are a farce.

Why should Ricciardo know better??? Shouldn't Max know Ricciardo better in first place???
1 - Max needs to respect the other drivers on track, starting with his team mate who is faster than him and is much more experienced and reliable. Daniel has been very tolerant with Max and has shown commitment to help him and the team. Max has a very wrong racing behaviour unfortunetly...he needs to get punished for his attitude. Too bad Redbull is a utter rubbish when it comes down to manage their human resourses so FIA needs to step in. Cant wait to see Daniel on a diferent team and with a long time deserved winning car!
Really enjoyed Ric moves on Max today. He has shown again how much faster he is even being pushed off track by the kid.
Luckly for Max he didn't get fliped in the air on that stupid move!

Most of the time Max is faster the Ricardo keep dreaming and wait to the end of the season who have the most of the points. R

Wish we have this much to talk about after next Monte Carlo.
History is always a nice thing but spectacle is better.
Can we have more of this FIA please ? :D

Legal my ass, he blocked to the right, then blocked to the left, which is not legal, the FIA have whitewashed this, no-way Ric could have braked in time in max's dirty air once commited. The FIA's findings are a farce.

Verstappens first move (to the left) was legal. And Ricciardo committed into a left pass too much, which would have lead to him being at fault crashing into Verstappen on the inside of the racing line while behind.

However, that didn't happen because after the legal move to the left Verstappen also made an illegal move to the right, while or after Ricciardo gave up on a left pass and moved to the right.

I'll have to watch it again, but I initially thought that Verstappen also broke unusually early. If so that would put Ricciardo's overcommittment into a different perspective.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 313 35.3%
  • Porsche

Votes: 342 38.6%
  • BMW

Votes: 327 36.9%
  • McLaren

Votes: 213 24.0%
  • Toyota

Votes: 325 36.6%
  • Intel

Votes: 113 12.7%