Grand Prix 4 Touring Car Championship - Season 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
so because of "thinking over" is why we had the F sponsors aswell. Before the season started nobody had anything against it. And after race 1 all of a sudden everyone had something against it.

so what do you suggest? To cut the reward money too? I don't really like that, imo it doesn't really give a reward.
I dont think rewards should be cut - A solution to break down the positive effect of that money would be to split it into 5 100$ boosts. In the first five weekends 100$ extra. Thats +10 QS for example and isnt too overpowered but the reward is still there

no joke, but I was thinking of changing the race sponsors format. Quali would stay the same (apart from F..), but I'd probably remove top 6 in race (and F..) (because almost everyone from the quali top 6 will end up getting a race top 6 too), still need to think further about it.
Disagree. the sponsors were fine from S1 onwards. The F Sponsor was the only problem and needst to be removed again

so because of "thinking over" is why we had the F sponsors aswell. Before the season started nobody had anything against it. And after race 1 all of a sudden everyone had something against it.

so what do you suggest? To cut the reward money too? I don't really like that, imo it doesn't really give a reward.
Well I look at it this way.
We have F1 where the bonus occurs. I say fair enough, because things change season on season. Engine COF, usually who drives where. Look at last season in particular: Tim left Jordan for Stewart, Jim left Williams for Stewart, Jack left Williams for Jordan. Those are frankly moves backwards along the grid, for no reason other than (so far as I can see) "I want to drive for 'X' team".

But we look here, people aren't really moving around in what is a very stagnant driver market. Why? Because half the people are driving for their own team, and the other half are happy where they are.

So nothing changes season on season, and then we get the big problem. The money.

The people finishing higher generally have more money than those below, therefore have a small advantage. But when some will start with around 20-30 more skill on average or something, then the advantage can be seen to keep them ahead. So, when you have a stagnant driver market coupled with those placing higher generally having enough advantage to continue in those positions, we see the same old people racing for the wins.

Frankly my opinion is to limit the carryover to $2000 and thats it. No more. Bank, sure, but $2000. Let some amount of skill and strategy come into it. That for me is the big thing that needs changing.

But we look here, people aren't really moving around in what is a very stagnant driver market. Why? Because half the people are driving for their own team, and the other half are happy where they are.
well, we could have a rule that a driver pairing can't be the same for.. 4 seasons? So that after 3 seasons Joel would have to leave OMR and only return in season 5.

But, as the half that are team owners would not leave their own team, the other half that are happy where they are would have to move and become unhappy. It would allow for more driver variations sure, but pretty sure Joel wouldn't like ot leave OMR even for just one season - that one season would probably end up ruining the streak.
But when some will start with around 20-30 more skill on average or something, then the advantage can be seen to keep them ahead.
they don't just start 20-30 ahead, as i mentioned in the proposed change they start equal to others. Means they have equal chances to take pole and dominate race 1. The bonus after race 1 is just to keep them alive in case they fall behind.
Of course, that could backfire and end up giving them a 800$ advantage again after they dominated race 1 themselves. Or even after they were equal to a different team.
But I feel like Ben's idea is decent,to cut the reward into pieces. 10 skill is not that much.

Though, as it could still backfire I'm going to let you guys decide.
Rate this post:

friendly, if you want to just give the reward at season start (F1 Sim Career style)
informative, if you want to give the reward after race 1
useful if you want to give the reward after race 1, split into parts
optimistic, if you want to give the reward before the budget cut-off (FFG style)
creative, no reward

well, we could have a rule that a driver pairing can't be the same for.. 4 seasons? So that after 3 seasons Joel would have to leave OMR and only return in season 5.

But, as the half that are team owners would not leave their own team, the other half that are happy where they are would have to move and become unhappy. It would allow for more driver variations sure, but pretty sure Joel wouldn't like ot leave OMR even for just one season - that one season would probably end up ruining the streak.
Well see that is not what I was trying to change, that was me mentioning how we have gotten to this point.

they don't just start 20-30 ahead, as i mentioned in the proposed change they start equal to others. Means they have equal chances to take pole and dominate race 1. The bonus after race 1 is just to keep them alive in case they fall behind.
Of course, that could backfire and end up giving them a 800$ advantage again after they dominated race 1 themselves. Or even after they were equal to a different team.
But I feel like Ben's idea is decent,to cut the reward into pieces. 10 skill is not that much.
And then right here is the point, nothing will end up changing. No one wanted in FFG a mere single HP boost if below a median number. But here we are suddenly fine that an extra 3 HP can be given out without much care.

So yeah, I definitely disagree with it, and if no one else does then so be it. Just means no one complains about some team being ahead.

+5 race BHP

with just one race to go, these people are yet to do buys. I'd like to start this weekend earlier just to get done with this awful season, so let's close the market on Thursday 2PM CEST.
That means the next season is likely to start on the 31st, so around 2 weeks for Lesley, Mark and Dovi to send new liveries.
@Benutzername
@Joel
@Lesley Buurlage
@oldwolf
@Vimal Ana
@Millsy24
@Márk Lintner
@Rob Sharp
@Rui F. Martins
@Matt Bailey
@Dovi design
@Tapio Rinneaho
@Diehl
@Ben Herbert
@Jamie Cocks

Are comments like this really needed?
I'm feeling this right now
55149924.jpg

Well, where he is coming from is that it isn't normal for the moderator to make such brazen outbursts about their own season.
Personally it could have been fixed so much earlier:
tumblr_inline_nmzd0526i51svdbn5_540.png

Well, where he is coming from is that it isn't normal for the moderator to make such brazen outbursts about their own season.
Personally it could have been fixed so much earlier:
tumblr_inline_nmzd0526i51svdbn5_540.png
Yep, Milos keeps on criticising the game and results too much for a moderator, and it isn't good for the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 321 35.0%
  • Porsche

Votes: 354 38.6%
  • BMW

Votes: 338 36.9%
  • McLaren

Votes: 220 24.0%
  • Toyota

Votes: 336 36.7%
  • Intel

Votes: 116 12.7%