Ottawa Motorsports Park

Tracks Ottawa Motorsports Park 1.01

Login or Register an account to download this content
GutBomb, Mascot -- I've been able to reproduce your issues (both the laggy doom domes and the groove popping in and out) on CSP 0.1.62, using the free-look camera mode. However, reverting to CSP 0.1.46 (the "recommended" version in Content Manager) resolved the issues. I'll keep digging and see if I can resolve the problem, but I might just chalk this one up to a buggy CSP preview release.
Thanks - no other tracks I've tried seem affected though, and I've been testing quite a few with the last couple of CSP previews. A few more VR users at GTP have described the same symptoms with this track too. Is there anything out of the ordinary with the config? Especially the grass config?
One other thing I noticed (may not be related) is that the long line of flags on the s/f straight seem to 'pop' larger as you get close, so there's a ripple effect of the flags changing shape as you approach them. Flags have been a perennial problem with CSP previews though so it might just be buggy flags in 0.1.62.
Good luck with the bug hunting! It might be worth posting the config on the CSP discord and see if anyone spots anything unusual?

Thanks - no other tracks I've tried seem affected though, and I've been testing quite a few with the last couple of CSP previews. A few more VR users at GTP have described the same symptoms with this track too. Is there anything out of the ordinary with the config? Especially the grass config?
One other thing I noticed (may not be related) is that the long line of flags on the s/f straight seem to 'pop' larger as you get close, so there's a ripple effect of the flags changing shape as you approach them. Flags have been a perennial problem with CSP previews though so it might just be buggy flags in 0.1.62.
Good luck with the bug hunting! It might be worth posting the config on the CSP discord and see if anyone spots anything unusual?

Nothing special -- I cribbed the basic setup from another track and stripped it down to the bare minimum that would get it going. I'll see what the folks on Discord have to say.

I've added some exclusions to the CSP config file that solve the crashing issue without having to disable Merge Meshes. Those will be included in the next update, but in the meantime those who are adventurous can add the following to extension/ext_config.ini:

[KN5]
DISALLOW_MESH_OPTIMIZATIONS = 1GRASS_INFIELD, 2GRASS_OUTFIELD, 5GRASS_INFIELD, 1SAND_INFIELD, TurbineBlades1, TurbineBlades2, TurbineBlades3, TurbineBlades4
DISALLOW_MESH_MORE_OPTIMIZATIONS = 1GRASS_INFIELD, 2GRASS_OUTFIELD, 5GRASS_INFIELD, 1SAND_INFIELD, TurbineBlades1, TurbineBlades2, TurbineBlades3, TurbineBlades4

Now to figure out the pesky GrassFX issue!

Mascot/GutBomb/anybody else experiencing the dome/circle artifacts, give this one a shot. For posterity, the issue was with the groove overlay.

No seriously. I think there was an issue with the shader I had selected for the groove, and for some reason whenever it would glitch out and vanish the grass started acting up too. I'm not seeing any issues in free look mode, but it was quite a bit less prominent for me than it was in that video, so let me know if it's licked or not. :)

Mascot/GutBomb/anybody else experiencing the dome/circle artifacts, give this one a shot. For posterity, the issue was with the groove overlay.

No seriously. I think there was an issue with the shader I had selected for the groove, and for some reason whenever it would glitch out and vanish the grass started acting up too. I'm not seeing any issues in free look mode, but it was quite a bit less prominent for me than it was in that video, so let me know if it's licked or not. :)
Groove should always use ksperpixelalpha. That way the groove.ini can control it.

Mmm.. the updated track won't load for me with the new patreon CSP 0.1.63 build, so I downgraded to (I think) 0.1.61 and it hung while loading the main track kn5. Hard crash too, task manager failed. Needed to switch the PC off manually.
I have angered the Gods Of Sim Racing it seems, and they don't want me to enjoy this track... :devilish:

CdL8qnW.jpg

There's no place like home. ;)

Mmm.. the updated track won't load for me with the new patreon CSP 0.1.63 build, so I downgraded to (I think) 0.1.61 and it hung while loading the main track kn5. Hard crash too, task manager failed. Needed to switch the PC off manually.
I have angered the Gods Of Sim Racing it seems, and they don't want me to enjoy this track... :devilish:

Set task manager to always be on top. That way you can access it if a crashed application is hiding it.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 34 15.9%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 27 12.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 30 14.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 122 57.0%