Ottawa Motorsports Park

Tracks Ottawa Motorsports Park 1.01

Login or Register an account to download this content
FWIW my screenshot was on the latest version, installed 2 minutes prior. CSP 1.62. No VR. Everything seems to be working fine under these conditions.

Track is running fine here with latest csp 0.1.63 preview3. Artifacts are gone since you have posted your update (no VR). Track is looking very very solid for a 0.2! Will you replace the billboards with real sponsors maybe?

Figured out why the track was crashing during loading for me - merge meshes still has to be disabled. When I saw your note about it not being necessary any more I reselected it, but it seems it's still causing issues on some configs.

Yep. I thought I had tested the updated configuration with that setting enabled, but when I went back to check it hadn't taken. Trying again lead to a hang.

Given that Fuzo's Lausitzring has the same issue, and enough people seem to have the option checked by default, I may give up on the animated wind turbines to keep issues to a minimum.

Yep. I thought I had tested the updated configuration with that setting enabled, but when I went back to check it hadn't taken. Trying again lead to a hang.

Given that Fuzo's Lausitzring has the same issue, and enough people seem to have the option checked by default, I may give up on the animated wind turbines to keep issues to a minimum.
It's definitely possible to have rotating wind turbines with 'merge meshes' active. I've got at least one (currently unreleased) track where this works, possibly others.
Sounds like another question for the CSP discord?

I don't think you should gimp your track due to what's a non default optimization (for good reason) and listed as "experimental" that has always lead to occasional issues here and there. But then users still insist on enabling it despite minimal gains, or because of recommendations without warning so they can't remember to uncheck it when something's not right before leaving 1 star reviews.

Unfortunately it seems like slapping all meshes to both exclusions on the config isn't enough to prevent the loading crash with the merge meshes option enabled.
Edit: I've noticed that another track with animated turbines loads without issues with this optimization. The turbine kn5s for animation are a on separate file loaded only via extension, but animated the same way. You could try if that's enough, as it might skip their mesh merging during loading. So, the main track kn5 only has a single object with turbines (base+blades) for legacy usage with other names, then the config hides them, and insert the kn5 with new separate stem+blades for animation at the same spot.
Edit2: There's no need for this, please see my post bellow. Just having the turbines on another file for loading under models.ini seems enough.

On topic and regarding this track. Thanks for your work on this, has a nice flow and looks incredible for a "0.2". It might be a bit too wide in general, specially if not for very fast racing machinery to make it more scary, but if you slap a 90s sports road car grid you can get that "Gran Turismo" experience, with lots of road to spare for small mistakes.
There are a few somethings that could have some review, take them with a grain of salt as this is just a personal opinion:
Screenshot_ddm_subaru_22b_ottowapark_2-8-120-21-29-19.jpgScreenshot_ddm_subaru_22b_ottowapark_2-8-120-21-28-43.jpg
This large tree bent to the left is very easy to memorize visually after being seen alone, so every time it pops up again, specially in groups, the repetition is very noticeable.
Screenshot_ddm_subaru_22b_ottowapark_2-8-120-21-27-52.jpg
On this corner to the left, the profile orientation of a far treewall doesn't look right, seems to miss one face pointed to the track to disguise it. There are a few other spots like, but maybe not so noticeable
Screenshot_ddm_subaru_22b_ottowapark_2-8-120-21-31-25.jpg
The curb zones being numerous and very long, and without some sort of a more irregular transition to grass or weathering to break this pattern, can become visually monotonous and a bit unnatural.

Cheers

edited: More info about loading turbines, and hopefully a bit more polite on the leading ot. Now a another bit more so.

Last edited:
Thrashy updated Ottawa Motorsports Park with a new update entry:

Ottawa Motorsports Park

This update rolls up a several changes, the most important of which is that the phsyical road mesh has been decoupled from the visual one, and made slightly bumpy. We're not talking Sebring Turn 17 here -- just enough to feel it in a stiffly-spung car or open wheeler. (Earlier experiments were decidedly more alarming...)

Other changes include rolling in Scarystuff's fix to the replay cameras, and a broad range of graphical refinements. Please note that you must still disable "Merge...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Forgot another suggestion to the above, simply separating the turbine meshes on another file, and including them on a models.ini.
Update: I got it to work, I'll PM you a minute. PM'd
Update2: now that 0.4 is out, this is still being worked on with working solutions already found, which brought the attention to some possible export incompatibility with that optimization for files that have turbines.

Last edited:
map.ini is missing, so the map will not turn up ingame. Easy to generate a new one in CM though. Another thing is that there is no version string and the surfaces.ini is the same, so people could be using different versions of the track on the same server at the same time. Best to include version number and slightly different surfaces.ini so people will get checksum error if they are using the wrong version..

For reference, the old way also works for the remaining non CM users, or without a paid version that allows these "manage track" features. Just deleting map.png(s) and launching a session. A new ks type thin map will be created so as the proper data\map.ini.

Last edited:
Hello,
Really enjoy your track. Just downloaded the track and tried it tonight. One thing I notice in while viewing the replay cameras
as the AI cars go around the track, As the cars go up the final hill to the Start Finish line, the camera to go by the start finish line
doesnt kick in on each race lap. The next camera that kicks in is going down the hill sometime after/past turn 1.

All the other replay cameras work great.

Edited: ScaryStuff posted a new cameras here in discussions, so the cameras work well for me now.

Last edited:
Much better road surface now. Just enough to move you around a bit. Grass to asphalt looks much better too. Overall a pretty solid fantasy circuit.

Radar is not working. What can be connected with?
View attachment 395176

As some folks upthread have mentioned, there's a bit of detritus in the track folder that keeps the track map from working correctly. If you go to \content\tracks\ottowapark and delete map.png, it will automatically regenerate it correctly. Sorry! I'll have that corrected with the next update, hopefully sometime later this week.

As some folks upthread have mentioned, there's a bit of detritus in the track folder that keeps the track map from working correctly. If you go to \content\tracks\ottowapark and delete map.png, it will automatically regenerate it correctly. Sorry! I'll have that corrected with the next update, hopefully sometime later this week.
The map does not get properly generated with CSP FYI. It works but puts a dark spot in the center of the image. Best to delete existing map, disable CSP, load sim, exit sim, re-enable CSP.

[QUOTE = "Thrashy, post: 3239032, member: 1251720"]
Эй, ты второй человек, которого я видел с этой ошибкой. Могу ли я навязать вам отправку мне log.txt, custom_shaders_patch.log и errors.txt из Documents \ Assetto Corsa \ logs \? Это поможет мне найти причину.
[/ QUOTE] Да конечно.

Attachments

• log.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 67
  • custom_shaders_patch.log.txt
    11.9 KB · Views: 127
  • errors.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 32 15.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 29 14.1%
  • Thursday

Votes: 27 13.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 72 35.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 115 56.1%