RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently, according to a beta tester on S3 forums, my lap (and possibly @Jopamir's?) was not counted because by sliding off the track, I've managed to miss the sector time gate located at that corner, and since I didn't go through all the sector gates during my lap, the lap was ignored and the timer kept on going for another lap, placing me last and over a minute behind everyone else. Apparently this is done to keep people from gaining advantage by cutting through the grass...

So apparently, according to a beta tester on S3 forums, my lap (and possibly @Jopamir's?) was not counted because by sliding off the track, I've managed to miss the sector time gate located at that corner, and since I didn't go through all the sector gates during my lap, the lap was ignored and the timer kept on going for another lap, placing me last and over a minute behind everyone else. Apparently this is done to keep people from gaining advantage by cutting through the grass...
Seems like something pretty game breaking to me. :O_o:

As happy as I am that we finally have a flag system, it doesn't work really well yet, and it seems a ton of various other issues have made it through testing. This "sector split" bug you mention has to be a bug. The excuse that it is used to punish cheaters is pretty ridiculous to me, that's not how it works in the real world. :cautious:

@Christian Moreau Well, it was a tester, not a dev replying, so not sure how official his explanation is. And he offered he'll see if the time gate line could maybe be extended a bit.

Still, might be something to warn people about before tomorrow's race as I'd say it's quite likely some off tracks will happen again in that corner.

I can't imagine that it's really meant as a punishment. It's a bug, an oversight by S3 that made it through track testing. It's maybe worth pointing out that if the flags were actually working properly, a "punishment" like this wouldn't be needed anyway... :whistling:

Ok thanks Christian
So back to square zero I guess...:unsure:
Do you have any working base-setup for this combo..?
Thank you:thumbsup:
I'm driving the Citroen, but once again you can do many of the same things I do. Toe at the front I have at -0.29, rear at 0.05, you can keep the rear at 0.00 though, its just a personal preference. Rear wing I'm running at 2 (the default 3 is good too), and I've tightened the ARB in the rear by 1 or 2 clicks if I remember correctly. :)

I haven't done much else apart from the that, the default setup is already pretty good in the 2014's, unlike those pesky 2016's. :cautious:

I'm driving the Citroen, but once again you can do many of the same things I do. Toe at the front I have at -0.29, rear at 0.05, you can keep the rear at 0.00 though, its just a personal preference. Rear wing I'm running at 2 (the default 3 is good too), and I've tightened the ARB in the rear by 1 or 2 clicks if I remember correctly. :)

I haven't done much else apart from the that, the default setup is already pretty good in the 2014's, unlike those pesky 2016's. :cautious:
You're the man
Thank you so much for sharing
Down to practice lane so not to embarasse too much the name I carry in that car I Hope (he doesnt deserve that - Tiago Monteiro I mean...)
See you guys tomorrow
Cheers

How could you tell that this cars are so far apart..? Wing for instance. I drove first race of the 2016 at wing1 (believing they were alike) and just couldnt hold it on track. In race2 it was at 7 (your advice )and it was driveable at least..Now, the same track, 2014 version, and we can do it at 2-3 wing... That's tricky weird...
@Parginos was so right when he said they were TOTALY different and prefered the 2014...
Cheers

How could you tell that this cars are so far apart..? Wing for instance. I drove first race of the 2016 at wing1 (believing they were alike) and just couldnt hold it on track. In race2 it was at 7 (your advice )and it was driveable at least..Now, the same track, 2014 version, and we can do it at 2-3 wing... That's tricky weird...
@Parginos was so right when he said they were TOTALY different and prefered the 2014...
Cheers
The biggest difference is definitely in the weight transfers and how the car handles under braking. You'll notice you can be much more aggressive on the brakes in the 2014's in the back end tends to stay relatively planted without the need to re-balance the car with the throttle. The differences in the rear wing are also pretty telling since with the 2016's it goes up to 10 and only 5 for the 2014's. The 2015's are on the same level as the 2014's in terms of how much wing you can get away with. I did a WTCC champ with the 2015's last year and the highest I ever ran the wing in a race was 2 and I think the wing could up to 12. :laugh:

The 2016's are certainly more true to life, but the 2014's I actually kind of enjoy driving. And that's coming from a guy who wants to smelt all WTCCs and use them for scrap parts. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 421 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 265 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 47.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.7%
Back