RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, we talked about this in the Thursday's race thread, but for anyone who's not aware - there's apparently a bug regarding track boundaries at Mantorp in the long sweeping right hand corner at the end of the back straight that can cause your lap timer not reset when you start a new lap, effectively placing you a full lap behind everyone else.

i-wNbjSfB.jpg

What's going on is there's a sector split in that corner somewhere around where I've placed the yellow line in the picture above. But the thing is, the sector split does not extend too far on the grass on the inside of the corner - it actually ends quite close to the track there. And if you happen to end up on the grass there somewhere in the area I've marked red, you can simply drive around the split detection area and never trigger it. And the way the game apparently works is that until you trigger the split it expects you to, it simply ignores you triggering any other splits and just keeps the timer going, including if you start a new lap in the meantime. It is simply still waiting for you to drive through that split, even if you're now in a completely different section of the track.

I've spent some time testing it tonight to see how large the area of no split detection is and honestly, it's surprisingly large. The red area in the image above is only meant to illustrate the point, not serve as an exact map, but to be honest, it's not that far off. Also, there really is no other way to reset your lap timer but to drive through the split point you've missed there - I've been able to do several laps without the lap timer resetting just by driving on the inside grass of this corner.

The good news is that as soon as you drive through the missed split, you're fine. This basically means that if you happen to end up on the grass on the inside of this corner before triggering the sector split, you're better off just looping back and driving through the corner again, rather than continuing as you'd normally do and risking falling a lap behind everyone else. Yes, it will cost you time, but still much less than a full lap time's worth.

So bear that in mind during the race. I've found out about this bug the hard way on Thursday and it was not fun.

Last edited:
BTW, we talked about this in the Thursday's race thread, but for anyone who's not aware - there's apparently a bug regarding track boundaries at Mantorp in the long sweeping right hand corner at the end of the back straight that can cause your lap timer not reset when you start a new lap, effectively placing you a full lap behind everyone else.

i-wNbjSfB.jpg

So bear that in mind during the race. I've found out about this bug the hard way on Thursday and it was not fun.
No it isnt... Hapenned at least twice to me...very harsh penalty for someone who already has it bad enough going to the grass...

• Deleted member 6919

Guys I don't know if anyone else has been testing full runs, but I have on 3 of the cars, and the front tyres don't survive the race distance by about 3 laps, the front left just blows out, that's even using alot of rear brake bais, maybe making it 25 min race with 1 mandatory pit, or taking it down to 15 min race which would be the least favourite idea for me, just throwing it out there..or we ain't going to beable to race hard, so alot of tyre managing.

The tyres wear on all the touring cars for me is just to high, look at the real life equivalent.

Guys I don't know if anyone else has been testing full runs, but I have on 3 of the cars, and the front tyres don't survive the race distance by about 3 laps, the front left just blows out, that's even using alot of rear brake bais, maybe making it 25 min race with 1 mandatory pit, or taking it down to 15 min race which would be the least favourite idea for me, just throwing it out there..or we ain't going to beable to race hard, so alot of tyre managing.

The tyres wear on all the touring cars for me is just to high, look at the real life equivalent.
Really? I had no issues making the tires last 20 minutes. They weren't great at the end, but still usable. :O_o:

• Deleted member 6919

Really, front left just went and the front right was very low in the red, maybe I'm harder on the front than you, but everytime I've tried I fail.

To be honest, watching my replays from Thursday where during the 20 minutes my front tires were in pretty bad shape and the rear ones showed hardly any wear at all yet I was apparently locking the rear wheels all the time (and I mean *all* the time, it was painful to watch, I had no idea I was this bad :( ) according to the replays, I kinda wondered if it would be possible there might perhaps be a bug where the wear from the rear tires is added to the front tires instead...

Yeah, why don't the tyres last long on the wtcc cars? What if you want to do a long race?

They're built to last a TC race, which is 25 minutes.
This + 380hp on the front axle without TC resulting in wheelspin that actually makes you faster in some corners. Just watch the real races, sometimes people struggle with their tyres after 10 minutes (Marrakesh for example)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 423 69.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 265 43.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 46.7%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 125 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.5%
Back