RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, after investigating the Teamspeak always on problem from my side tonight I now know what happened. It has to do with sticky keys in Windows 10.
I am using Ctrl for push to talk in TS. Didn’t have any issues with sticky keys enabling themselves
Sticky keys is activated by pressing the Shift key five times. CTRL is probably some other Windows accessibility feature, I can't remember. Ever since it was added as a feature, the first thing I do on a fresh Windows install is deactivate all the accessibility features, specifically to stop them starting during games! :p Glad you got it sorted anyway.

You could also investigate voice detection activation which a lot of people use. You do need a half-decent headset though, so that it only activates when detecting your voice and not with the sound of your wheel and gear shifts. Can't be used if you use speakers for audio either.

Last edited:
A few shots from Last Nights races

RaceRoom GTR4 RD - Circuit Zolder

RRsmall.png

Great races, in the first, I started p8, but I made a good start. I was in front of @Steve Le Gallez, I can hold it for 12 laps on p5, but his pace was much better than mine. He managed to overtake me, but @Derek44 made a mistake and I was able to put myself on p5 behind @Steve Le Gallez which ended on p4. A first race very focused on the fight between @Steve Le Gallez and me.

The second race, it was a total surprise for me, I started on p6, but with another good start, I quickly got on p4, behind @Jopamir, he made a mistake trying to overtake @groove200, and I was lucky to be on p3. From that moment on, I increased my pressure almost to the maximum because I knew that my pace was better than his. After the first chicane, I came out better than him and got the side by side, before the second chicane. I saw that the brake later and I assumed that he would go too fast, indeed, he committed a failure that allowed me to overtake him.
That's how I was the rest of the race, on p2, but @Gerdoner and @Derek44 along with @Nabbor1 were 1'37 guys and I'm a simple 1'38 guy, but there it was !!! holding on p2. On the last corner before the last lap, I made a slight mistake at the exit of the corner, and the wolves rushed over me @Gerdoner on the inside and @Derek44 on the outside, losing my precious p2, locked in by the two @ Nabbor1 took advantage to get ahead of me inside, but he had the bad luck to stay behind of @Gerdoner, at that moment I took advantage to take the inside and take a risk with the first chicane, it could go well or very badly. I was very lucky and managed to overtake @Nabbor1, who lost all kinds of opportunities when he found a underdog's driver. In the end a P4. Too bad losing my p2. But the small mistake are paid very expensive with the level of these pilots.
Thank you all, fantastic championship @PurgerUK, he plays on another level, and a million thanks to @Goffik for organizing everything, surely he is looking forward to racing with us.
Thank you all, I had a lot of fun, (I did not like the Mantorp Park circuit, but the rest have been very very successful).

Last edited:
First of all, big thanks to @Goffik for organizing the league.
Secondly, congratulations to @PurgerUK for the championship win, pretty dominant performance although JP gave him a run for his money.

And last but not least, I wanna thank all that participated in the league, in all 6 races I never had a moment where I thought "that was a bit unfair" or sth, on the contrary, had some great and fair battles in all six rounds. Was really a joy to race with you and I hope we'll see each other again on the racetrack :)
The last two rounds were probably the most fun yet, especially the battles with @Derek44 in both races. That overtake in the last lap was awesome... and almost a carbon copy of the same move you made in R1 :D Was fun battling with ya ;)

First of all, big thanks to @Goffik for organizing the league.
Secondly, congratulations to @PurgerUK for the championship win, pretty dominant performance although JP gave him a run for his money.

And last but not least, I wanna thank all that participated in the league, in all 6 races I never had a moment where I thought "that was a bit unfair" or sth, on the contrary, had some great and fair battles in all six rounds. Was really a joy to race with you and I hope we'll see each other again on the racetrack :)
The last two rounds were probably the most fun yet, especially the battles with @Derek44 in both races. That overtake in the last lap was awesome... and almost a carbon copy of the same move you made in R1 :D Was fun battling with ya ;)

same appreciation to you mate, but i don't remember the other overtake you mention, do you mean Zolder race 1?

I must say, after the GT4 cars, these are great fun to drive, only problem is the off centering from my G27 is getting worse as the cars tend to oversteer a bit more. Hopefully my replacement wheel will be here on time, would make it even more fun to drive these cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%