RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Des Pearce. Try to concentrate on the front left. The anti-roll bars will do very little towards lowering the temperature of the tyres as their prime function is the balance between braking and accelerating.

Try to avoid scrubbing the tyres into corners Do not oversteer the car in other words, do not put more steering into the corner than necessary.
Be sure you've got a good break balance Don't let the fronts do all the work in slowing down.

Try 55 front and 45 at the rear. Too much toe at the front will create the most heat as well as pressure. Try reducing the toe on the left front also reduced the camber for that wheel.

I find the first right-hander creates the most heat. Tried to go into the corner little bit slower then you can. You can do this every lap, or you can do this every other lap. Try to keep the temperature below 105 on the inside edge.
And as the temperature is on the right-hand side of the car better try to make up time and speed on the left turns as you're saving the left side.

Thanks for the info, I suspect I do put more lock on than is always needed but that's probably down to lack of feel/knowledge/skill (pick one or all :)). From memory I'm running 54/46 brake balance after the first lap (otherwise the front brakes take too long to get warm). I wondered about toe but haven't messed with it yet and have reduced camber at the front both sides (but more on the left front by around 0,5 degrees).

I think it's maxed at about 100 on the inside edge but the tyre is solid red in the OtterHud display and after about 7 laps I start to feel less grip and it pretty much stays red across all 3 tyre zones and barely cools off. I'm probably stuck with it and may tweak to make temps more even across the tyre, at least the setup allows me to be fairly consistent with just the expected drop off after 7 or 8 laps from wear and, in this case high tyre temps on one corner.

I'm not sure if I will make back home in time, as I was one of the lucky 65 years and over to get an appointment for the COVID vaccine today.

Apologies to the BMW I "tapped" 2nd corner 1st race, I thought I'd allowed enough extra for cold brakes :whistling:.

No worries, in the end getting sent to the back of the field put me into a fun Race1 battle with @Steve Le Gallez and @Jopamir, and set me up for a good Race2 starting position...though I'd generally still prefer not being looped around on lap 1 :D

Race 1 finish...just like the advert :laugh:
20210130140030_1.jpg

Last edited:
Cracking cars these, and that was good fun! :cool: Calvyn was just too fast for me in race one. I hung in there for a few laps, but once the tyres overheated and grip decreased the pace was just too high. Race two was fun from the back. Had a sniff at a podium but ran out of laps just as I caught up with Jean.

Great racing, great track, great fun. They retain their place as my favourite class. :)

Cracking cars these, and that was good fun! :cool: Calvyn was just too fast for me in race one. I hung in there for a few laps, but once the tyres overheated and grip decreased the pace was just too high. Race two was fun from the back. Had a sniff at a podium but ran out of laps just as I caught up with Jean.

Great racing, great track, great fun. They retain their place as my favourite class. :)

Second race I had a sniff at a podium, but had too many laps to go. :p

R1.png

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on Discord... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
Discord Server: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on Discord and that you use an app called Crew Chief, which gives you an audio spotter and much more!

Saturday 06/02/21
Practice Server:
RaceDepartment - Practice
Race Server: RaceDepartment - Racing Club
Class: Porsche 911 GT3 Cup
Track: Zhuhai - Grand Prix

Practice: 19:00 UTC (80 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:20 UTC (10 minutes)

Warmup 1: 20:30 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 20:35 UTC (20 minutes) - Rolling Start

Warmup 2: 20:55 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 21:00 UTC (20 minutes) - Rolling Start / Reverse Grid