RACE Pro (Xbox 360)

Had a quick go last night tried to unlock some cars. The truth is the AI were too fast, need to bring down the difficulty to medium.

Really want to try the single seaters.
Gav some are easy others hard it varies a lot. The little single seater (Formula BMW) should not be hard to get. The F3000 is a long way off.
I'm going to try to get the Alfa 75 and E30 BMW as suggested by Chris B.

If there is a general area as Dylan mentioned we should consider getting in there. We will get more drivers and some mat join F1 also. Will have a look

Ive posted this so people can watch a good review of this game.
Race Pro is the Xbox version of the legendary Race 07 PC sim from SimBin(and its later incarnations) still used today by many online racers.
Several of us from the F1 2011 League from Xbox have started playing this game for some variety.
The big gun Forza has clobbered this segment on Xbox but for racers who will trade-off great some eye candy and slick presentation for probably the best sim physics available on Xbox 360 this game is fabulous.

Check out the review then get your copy for around £5. How big a mistake can £5.00 be?

If you like it there is a small community growing of racers who race every Monday night on line. We would welcome some new drivers.

I got this the day it came out . . . wow almost 3 years ago now and played it a lot. It's the game that got me into proper sims and then I got a pc and never looked back :)

Same story for me, got Race Pro looking for a PC level sim after years away from the PC platform and Race Pro delivered on the PC level physics. It also got me into PC racing sims and I too have left the consoles behind.

Interesting that the ISR team rank Race Pro's physics higher than FM4 :cool:

We have some good drivers in Xbox league who concur with ISR saying that Race Pro physics are better than FM4.
Not all of us will go to PC based, so this is excellent for us on Xbox.

I haven't played FM4 but I doubt its much different to FM3, which Race Pro beats hands down in the physics department. Everything else about it lacked polish though, the distorted sounds, the murky graphics and horrible framerates really started to grate after a while.

Have got this game now, but wont have any cars as i only had one go.. its alright though! will see what you guys tend to rce with and i will try and get those so i can join in with you all!

Hi mate. It doesn't require a lot of time to get the cars.
As previously said by me in here, get the Formula BMW and Radical SR4 cars and that should be good for a start.
Should be enough to have one race in the first two groups to get to group 3 where you get those two cars.

So involving 3 races per group and 1-2 flying laps.
Should be doable in an hour, maximum 2.

Are we racing tonight again? If so wich car?

Looks like I'll have to skip this week then as I didn't get the chance to run the game any more last week so still stuck at the SR3 stage. I'm going to spend more time on the game this week so will unlock as many as I can and be ready for the next session you guys run instead.

Looks like I'll have to skip this week then as I didn't get the chance to run the game any more last week so still stuck at the SR3 stage. I'm going to spend more time on the game this week so will unlock as many as I can and be ready for the next session you guys run instead.

will try and get some in this week and hopefully i can race with you next week guys

have fun!

I don't think I have unlocked much either, but I'll come on anyway and see.

lol You should have seen mine!! I had to resort to outside view as I couldn't see out the window :eek:

Thanks for the invite, really need to read up on the what everything does as I had no idea what was going on in that first race when the wrench came up on screen... sat parked on the side for ages trying to get it going again. Wasn't damage through crashes though so does it get engine and gearbox damage in the game?

Actually thought I was going to do ok in the Road America race but got sandwiched and spun by two AI at the first corner and couldn't get out of the gravel :oops:. Oh well i'll have a better idea next time and plan to have some decent practice this week and get hold of some of those better cars to get more used to the handling :)

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 330 35.3%
  • Porsche

Votes: 361 38.7%
  • BMW

Votes: 342 36.6%
  • McLaren

Votes: 226 24.2%
  • Toyota

Votes: 339 36.3%
  • Intel

Votes: 120 12.8%