RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Silhouette Series.jpg

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on
TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief.

Server Name: RaceDepartment.com EU - Saturday
Cars: Silhouette Series
Track: Portimao - GP

Saturday 14/03/20
Practice:
15:00 EDT / 20:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 15:30 EDT / 20:30 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup 1: 15:45 EDT / 20:45 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 15:50 EDT / 20:50 UTC (20 minutes)

Warmup 2: 16:10 EDT / 21:10 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 16:15 EDT / 21:15 UTC (20 minutes) - Reverse Grid to 5 Places

Entry List - 30 slots

1. MissedTheApex
  2. Luca Antinori
  3. PurgerUK
  4. Bart Matyja
  5. Steve Le Gallez
  6. Free slot
  7. Free slot
  8. Free slot
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot

UTP#25

Last edited:
I realise the cars and track aren't the most popular combo, but it would be great if we can get as many people as possible signed up for this one, including our regulars. Given that it can be entered without buying anything, it will hopefully attract new drivers into giving the club a try. The better this event turns out to be, the more likely they are to come back for more which enhances the club for everybody! :cool:

the cars and track are good for me my first online race so slow cars and wide track is good for me..
Yep, that's cool. Admittedly we haven't recently been running many combos that are easy for those new to online racing. It's something I'm more than happy to change though, if the demand is there. :thumbsup:

You may or may not know I've got a bad shoulder and it prevents me from the longer races were fighting the car is a constant. So I may only be able to do one race the first one.

Here's my leaderboard set up as it stands at present. Posting early as I do believe a little extra practice may be in order. I don't know if it'll help anyone to be as fast as me with it. But I do feel sure it will point you in the right direction with your alterations for your particular style. Updates may follow.

Attachments

• 2020-03-08_01-49-19_canhard_r51.svm
    7.5 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
These little front wheel drive cars on this tight track is a challenge as too much too early will get you in the wall pretty quick. The next few weeks will wrap up the variety portion of the club :rolleyes: as I plan on taking it in a different direction.This will begin April 7th ...no foolin.

Cars that are either new or have recently been updated for 4 consecutive weeks rotating between GTR3, GTR4, GTO, Touring Classics, Porsche 911 GT3 Cup and DTM and be on some of the more familiar and favorite/popular tracks. Mandatory pit stops will be removed and replaced with a tire wear multiplier (initially 2x) this will make pit stops and strategy a real thing. Race length will increase from 40 to 45 minutes. Next will be full damage, we have a great group here and contact has not been an issue but I do think we are ready to press forward and challenge ourselves. Speaking of challenges, one will be reduced, fixed set ups will be a thing of the past as most seem to enjoy this feature.

For example a month may look like this; GTO Classics at Mid Ohio, Sonoma, Road America and Laguna Seca.
I like the new format David. Will be good to drive the same cars for 4 weeks as the repetition will (may?) improve my skills. I was ok with fixed setups since the only time I changed setup was when one was made available. Fixed setup also really shows how far off the pace I am. Kept me honest by not being able to blame the gap on setup:p.

Reactions: DND
I was, I wasn't, I was, I wasn't, I was, I wasn't, I was, I wasn't, I was, I wasn't, I was, I wasn't........:roflmao:

Was a tad bit too loose for my style. :D
Perhaps tomorrow I'll have a damn good look at it and see what can be done. Dammit, Jim, I'm a doctor, not a miracle worker. :laugh:

Last edited:
Thanks once again Calvyn for your shared setup. Usually I dont manage to tame them and have to go to something less "alien" ehehe. This time I immediatly found this one to be really "nervous" but also much less understeery than the default...so a good thing really ;) Then just changed the brake bias to the front 59% ( I couldnt handle the rear going way bye-bye every time i touched the pedal:giggle:) and felt very fast and safe(ish) for me.
Thanks Calv:cool:

Absolute classic a must-see.
Absolutely right, as all of Kubrick's movies I would say :inlove:
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 50 12.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 42 10.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 48 11.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 46 11.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 141 34.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 240 59.0%