RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good fun!! Great Racing @PurgerUK - You were too fast for either Nicolas or me to catch up!! @rustymoto I had a great time since we were essentially on the same pace. Sorry about the punt in the last corner. Guess my car was bigger so it didn't even feel the touch :D Nice catch up though. See you again soon. Where was everyone on teamspeak?? Have we gone over to Discord now?
Yeh was fun! Racing on my own for most of it but definitely a better driver now than I was this time last week! :thumbsup: and yep it's discord. Wondered where u were!

Great racing all, congrats to @Port1s on the podium!!! :thumbsup: @PurgerUK was on another level as usual, I think the race 2 gap to P2 was bigger than race 1, very impressive after the reverse grid start! @Keith_G great battles, that Capri must be made of Lead :roflmao:. 130R is tough enough, I was a passenger for that one :laugh:

Yeh they're ace! I've really enjoyed testing them all.

Lynk #111 for me please Ross.

Fingers' crossed that everyone else is just testing them all too before signing up :)

Come on guys, this has the potential to be the closest series with the best racing so far!

Sorry but these cars don’t attract me at all. I hope at least the ones who voted for the series sign up. I understand that if all reasoned like me there wouldn’t be any racing at all but I really had hoped for something faster this time. I will check in to see if the grid fills up. If not, and my partner is watching some romantic comedy :poop::sick:, I will join in.

I like this cars a lot, Im joining but as it is hollydays season I wont be able to make all weekends for sure.
..and even managed to move a "sardinhada" (grilled sardines fest) with family from this saturday to sunday so I can make round1 hopefully...so...

The 8th and 15th August rounds will not make them for sure (only if airports shut down again.. lets hope not..)

So Im in please Ross
Honda #18
Cheers

What can I say...these V10's are dangerous :whistling:. Sorry @ko41 for my pinball impression at Raidillon....I thought I was being smart by lifting before Eau Rouge to give @Absurd1ty space, and then realized that not only did he just take track position, he also took my downforce!

I'll change my pants and be ready for the next round...perhaps the V8's will be more docile.

I really had hoped for something faster this time.
Yeah, but while faster cars may be more fun to drive, they are very often not more fun to race. Long experience shows that the faster and more powerful the class is, the more spread out the pack becomes, the larger the gaps between participants, the less overtaking there is, and the more incidents and crashes there are. It also dissuades rookies from signing up at all.

When you're running the same class for multiple weeks in a points-based series, the last thing you need is half the grid bailing after round one because they realise the racing is lame.

Were these cars really that hard to drive IRL? I know these cars were after TC and ABS and all other driver aids were banned but...Man...

What should be fun drives in very fast cars has, for me, turned into sessions of just trying to get the car to go straight. I was spinning in places I never spin and that was frustrating.

After 4 weeks of not driving, probably wasn't the best combo to jump in on - I think the wife needed a break ;). Thanks for the input after the race I appreciate the feedback,.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 120 87.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 23 16.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 23 16.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 12.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 42 30.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 49 35.5%