RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daytona doesn’t appear too popular, which is a shame. This is a track that needs full classes to feel right imo. Was there more than 4 of you guys?

I believe there were 6 of us in total. All of us ran a P1. It was pretty close racing for everyone who didn't have high downforce and who caught 2 flats and a drive through penalty from skidding past the first turn to the infield.
<--- Like this guy! :laugh:

Lesson learned.

Daytona doesn’t appear too popular, which is a shame. This is a track that needs full classes to feel right imo. Was there more than 4 of you guys?
Like Wilko said: there were only a few of us. Five to be exact. I was a late entry as I was able to get off work early.

I do not know why no one is joining us, we had some of the best racing since I joined. The cars (P1) were perfect for the track and you could really see the difference in set-ups. Nic and I chose to go with higher df while Mitch and Keith ( I do not know what df settings Wilko was using) chose low df.

I was unable to keep up with Kieth or Mitch (who was very competitive) in the straights but I could smell what they had for lunch in the twisties. I think tire wear and experience on the track ( I have a lot on that track) was the difference.

Since the field was so small we had two "competition cautions" with the last one ending four minutes from the end. It made for great, close racing.

Thanks @davew045 ! Great presentation and it was really a fun race. What you couldn't see was how much tow these cars create on that track and it made it really exciting when we were racing close together. Good for passing and tricky to make sure the braking worked as you entered the chicane and the road track. Thanks for doing that and wish there were more people but it was great even though. Thanks so much for your time and expertise in streaming these events.:):thumbsup:

I do not know why no one is joining us, we had some of the best racing since I joined. The cars (P1) were perfect for the track and you could really see the difference in set-ups. Nic and I chose to go with higher df while Mitch and Keith ( I do not know what df settings Wilko was using) chose low df.

My down force setting were 2 up front, 19 out back. I also lengthened the final drive and softened the front ARB. I had a full tank of fuel and softened the brake booster. In practice I thought I was doing well, I averaged a 1:35 and some change, but when I seen everyone was getting 1:32 - 1:34's I knew I was in for a long race.

Thanks @davew045 ! Great presentation and it was really a fun race. What you couldn't see was how much tow these cars create on that track and it made it really exciting when we were racing close together. Good for passing and tricky to make sure the braking worked as you entered the chicane and the road track. Thanks for doing that and wish there were more people but it was great even though. Thanks so much for your time and expertise in streaming these events.:):thumbsup:
Greg P. said:
Thanks @davew45! I did not know if you were still streaming our races so it is a very nice surprise!

I am not streaming but I did record this event as if I were streaming (gotta keep in practice). I wanted sooo badly for you guys to line up and see how the tow effected your speed... too bad you weren't on the whole oval. I did clock you guys at 312KPH but the dummy I am I forgot to clock you when you were lined up.
Good racing!

Something important about the entry list. Max 30 slots. So if the 1-6 list looks full, and you want to join a specific class, please do so. There can be 30 players in the server.

As for me, I will be in the GTO Classics. #17 Mustang.

• Love
Reactions: DND
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 7.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.4%