The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Gosh, this super ridiculously short deadline thing is stressful :roflmao:

Just managed to sort the driver scale (x0.9 so 166cm or 5ft5" a little short but it works so much better).

rHfW2M7h.jpg

Allows you to just about see the gauges from the drivers perspective too, though I think some of the F6 camera's are better :D

8bGDSUqh.jpg

WPKkbbih.jpg

Can now finish up the seat and pedals now the driver is in place, and then begin texturing... Will definitely be missing a lot of detail but its better than nothing :p

Last edited:
WPKkbbih.jpg

Can now finish up the seat and pedals now the driver is in place, and then begin texturing... Will definitely be missing a lot of detail but its better than nothing :p
Still of higher quality than my car after half a year :p

Can you give me tips on how you do that merging of round stuff, like on the bottom of that steering wheel?

Still of higher quality than my car after half a year :p

Can you give me tips on how you do that merging of round stuff, like on the bottom of that steering wheel?

For the non-circular steering wheel, I used soft-selection (for the first time I might add, never even noticed the option before). What that does is it moves all vertices in the set radius, but the ones further away get influenced less and less. Basically means I could move them around very quickly to match the odd shape, and soft-selection just keeps it all neat and tidy.

And if you're talking about merging say the spoke to the wheel rim - I either do it manually (so just cut a hole and weld the vertices of one part to the other), or I use the pro-boolean feature in 3ds which does it all automatically, though in my experience it creates a lot of mess and needs manually tidying up anyway.

Here's a pic with wireframe as it probably says a lot more than I can explain!

JMUmVoch.jpg

(excuse the checkered pattered body in the background - in the middle of unwrapping!)

Gosh, this super ridiculously short deadline thing is stressful :roflmao:

Just managed to sort the driver scale (x0.9 so 175cm or 5ft5" a little short but it works so much better).

rHfW2M7h.jpg

Allows you to just about see the gauges from the drivers perspective too, though I think some of the F6 camera's are better :D

8bGDSUqh.jpg

WPKkbbih.jpg

Forgot to add: GO GARY GO!!

I would really appreciate the feedback and input from someone who loves fast, low downforce cars, who has the skill to push the car to the limit better than me.

PM me if interested, and thank you :)

I'd love to give it a go... But I'm an average driver at best. :unsure:

some progress . still early stage but finally i was able to placed the first house :laugh:

:confused:

Driving with no track sides is what separates the men from the boys ;)

Watkins?
Can't.
Friggin.
Wait.

Love that place. Are you doing the current version, or another era? Only asking because your first couple (wonderful) releases were now-defunct circuits and I remember you mentioning you liked bringing them back to life again. Literally any era of the Glen would be amazing (though, obviously, preferring one of the years that did not have that stupid chicane in the middle of the uphill esses). Really looking forward to this one. :)

Watkins?
Can't.
Friggin.
Wait.

Love that place. Are you doing the current version, or another era? Only asking because your first couple (wonderful) releases were now-defunct circuits and I remember you mentioning you liked bringing them back to life again. Literally any era of the Glen would be amazing (though, obviously, preferring one of the years that did not have that stupid chicane in the middle of the uphill esses). Really looking forward to this one. :)
Initially I am going for 2016/2017 spec on the Glen with 4 layouts. Each with or without the inner loop on back straight. I don't plan on the esses chicane even though that section of road is still there today and in the lidar data.

A classic version of the Glen was being discussed between Fat-Alfie and I but he is currently in Bac-mono world so I dunno ;)

@mantasisg see above ;)

I've got my hands full right now, but if no one takes care of this, I'd gladly make sure to give it a good home :) is a shame to see such a good model and unique car go to waste.
Only way to currently get the car ,
Would be to ask Karim for it , If he still has it on his PC ,
Its from 2 years ago , Not sure how the car was left , car was WIP and have a habbit of just collapsing turbo to throw stuff ingame ,
Can not remember how it is ,
I know its pretty accurate mesh , needs dials , seat and some interior parts ,
and some suspension detailing ,
But the UVs was done on the chassis ,
If someone wants to finish the build , I am happy with this as long as its done right , Karim was doing a really good job on physics :)

Initially I am going for 2016/2017 spec on the Glen with 4 layouts. Each with or without the inner loop on back straight. I don't plan on the esses chicane even though that section of road is still there today and in the lidar data.

A classic version of the Glen was being discussed between Fat-Alfie and I but he is currently in Bac-mono world so I dunno ;)

@mantasisg see above ;)

Awesome! Only been to Watkins twice, but it's a great circuit and I'm massively excited that you're working on it :confused:

I should ask that expectations are kept low for this :p Yes it is fun, but its not all that polished or accurate physics wise. I have no data for aero or final drive, or suspension so some artistic license has been taken.

I've tried to make it as stiff as possible whilst still being bearable to drive (there is supposed to be no suspension), and the tyres are reasonably low grip too so it certainly requires a bit of wheel movement to keep it on the black stuff!

Should be a good laugh though :thumbsup:

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 320 35.0%
  • Porsche

Votes: 354 38.8%
  • BMW

Votes: 338 37.0%
  • McLaren

Votes: 220 24.1%
  • Toyota

Votes: 335 36.7%
  • Intel

Votes: 115 12.6%