RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to add to the conversation a bit. I absolutely love the 911, but to do it right (meaning not binning it every turn), you really do need an H shifter, with auto clutch off, and heel toe technique. Once you get used to doing it, it becomes muscle memory, and you wonder how you ever did without. It's more work, but you have total control, and it is faster than using aids to shift.

I'm sorry I missed this one..... work is constantly getting in the way!

I was looking at the leaderboards after the race last night just to see which car is preferred by the hotlappers. Your time around this track in the Porsche is on another level. :alien:

Well, it was far from a default setup. One trick for Road America was to lower ride height significantly for optimum top speed. The other crucial thing is to move brake bias way forward, and lower brake pressure to around 83%. I also have my preload all the way down for better turn in.

I really wanted to drive the Porsche so spent a good couple of hours on setup. As you say, I ended up a long way from default. Definitely helped massively with driveability, but it still required a large dose of driver skill as well, which I clearly don't have! :p

Don't be hard on yourself! @Goffik If it's any constellation, I did come right from the RaceRoom group4 competition at Portimao, after running a ton of laps, and figuring out setups. Finished 2nd in the Porsche, behind Dennis the menace.

Don't be hard on yourself! @Goffik If it's any constellation, I did come right from the RaceRoom group4 competition at Portimao, after running a ton of laps, and figuring out setups. Finished 2nd in the Porsche, behind Dennis the menace.

That is a stupid fast lap at RA :thumbsup:
I'm surprised I finished in the top 10 in that Group 4 at Portimao competition (pats self on back) in the BMW and was only 2.6 seconds of the the pace:roflmao:

That is a stupid fast lap at RA :thumbsup:
I'm surprised I finished in the top 10 in that Group 4 at Portimao competition (pats self on back) in the BMW and was only 2.6 seconds of the the pace:roflmao:
I saw you in there KO. You were holding it down in the number two spot when I entered. You did very well indeed! Top 3 guys overall were on another level.

4) R3E POSTER.png

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Then just reply to this thread and you'll be added to the grid!

Racing Club Rules: Watch the Video Summary
Server Password:
Will be PM'd to all participants on race day.
TeamSpeak Server: ts.racedepartment.com (Premium members only)

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak and that you use an app called Crew Chief, which gives you an audio spotter and much more!

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU - Racing Club
Cars: Group 2 - Volkswagen Scirocco
Track: Brands Hatch - Grand Prix

Saturday 26/12/20
Practice:
20:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:20 UTC (10 minutes)

Warmup 1: 20:25 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 20:30 UTC (20 minutes)

Warmup 2: 20:50 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 20:55 UTC (20 minutes) - Reverse Grid

Volkswagen Scirocco: 30 slots
  1. PorDallas - #53
  2. ko41 - #302
  3. FeltHat - #72
  4. RaptorNL - #31
  5. PurgerUK - #133
  6. Kurupt CDN - #??
  7. Paul_V - #13
  8. Jean Jacques Martin - #53
  9. UHF79 - #49
  10. Gromytt - #78
  11. Gerasimos Cassel - #??
  12. paokkerkir - #173
  13. Jan Larsen - #43
  14. rustymoto - #81
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot

UTP#27

Last edited:
Additional Information

In the spirit of Christmas this event is FREE to join! In other words, it is open to all RaceDepartment members, both Premium and non-Premium. This is a great opportunity to try out our club racing scene and race in a friendly and fair environment. So what are you waiting for? Get yourself signed up now!

As I can't give out the usual server passwords to non-Premium members, the password for this event will be PM'd to all signed-up participants on race day.

For non-Premium members who are not aware of our club racing rules, I strongly encourage you to watch this video summary to get yourselves acquainted with them. A short summary can also be found below.

1) The Golden Rule - If you hit another driver during a Club race and disadvantage them, you are required to slow to let the other driver regain the position on you. This shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, and do not immediately stop your car on the racing line where it can cause further accidents.

2) If you are involved in an accident, do not leave your car parked on the driving line where it can cause interference to other drivers or further accidents.

3) If you accidentally leave the track for whatever reason you must wait until there is a clear, safe gap before rejoining the track. Upon rejoining the track you must get up to speed as quickly as possible without blocking the racing line. Never attempt U-turns on the racing line as you will cause an accident.

4) Do not deliberately cut the track. The white (or yellow) lines mark the edge of the road. Do not cross them with more than two wheels.

5) Follow all safety rules as if you were in a real car on a real track; use the pit speed limiter in pit lane, observe all safety flags and lights, no donuts in the pit lane or on the track, no deliberate distraction of other drivers, etc.

on the other hand, maybe that would lure some folks to grab premium :D

btw, since its few years since i stopped using teamspeak and rd discord is limited to premium users, i think ill hop in official raceroom discord voice chat

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 256 34.1%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 204 27.2%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 142 18.9%
  • Watch party