RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
3rd gear entry holding the throttle on and steady not quite accelerating get it to the apex once you can get to the apex full throttle do not try it keep it tight let the car go wide use all of the track and then some if necessary on the exit but within the rules.
The brakes in these cars are not very good, so sometimes it is best to go down the first to use it as engine braking once that is established I would go straight back up to second again. Using first gear will definitely assist you in slowing the car down to turn into the apex, will help with rotation. By the time you reach the apex, you should be back into second gear—first gears not used for any acceleration in this case only to help you slow down. I only use this for the first chicane but not always. Sometimes I use 2nd gear.

Try using the model of car I use and follow my ghost. That I feel would be a better example in what I am doing better then I can explain as I haven't got the words to explain that's because I'm an under-educated idiot.

Another tip, break bias 61 maybe 63 ish. TC, about 20 to 35% Works for me in the car I use.
And you are very much welcome, and I thank you for showing your appreciation. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :)

Last edited:
View attachment 425417

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
TeamSpeak Server: ts3server://ts.racedepartment.com
<== Paste link into your browser to connect.

We highly recommend that you join us on [/B]TeamSpeak and that you use an app called Crew Chief, which gives you an audio spotter and much more!

Practice Server:
RaceDepartment.com EU - Practice Server
Race Server:[/B] RaceDepartment.com EU - Silhouette Series
Cars: Silhouette Series
Track: Monza - Grand Prix

Saturday 12/12/20
Practice:
20:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:15 UTC (10 minutes)

Warmup 1: 20:25 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 20:30 UTC (20 minutes)

Warmup 2: 20:50 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 20:55 UTC (20 minutes)

Silhouette Series: 30 slots
  1. Goffik - R51 #22
  2. ko41 - the ORANGE one
  3. EireGreen™ - R51 #7
  4. PorDallas - R51 #25
  5. rustymoto - C14-2 - #29
  6. Calvyn White - C14-2 #40
  7. Jopamir - C14-1 #26
  8. Free slot
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot

UTP#14
C14-2 # 30 pls

Great tips Calvyn. :thumbsup: I have so far based my setup around zero toe all around (ended up returning to slight front toe-out) and the lowest wing setting, all to try to reduce scrub and drag for the long straights. Then dropped fast bump to handle the curbs. I was only using 1st gear in the first chicane but found from your advice that using 2nd on exit really helped. The 1-2 shift really kills the drive out of T2, even though it feels on the verge of bogging on exit. I also put some TC back in (20%) which seems to help with consistency.
With the long straights you can really see it on the lap delta what difference each exit makes.

JP, on Parabolica I am using the lamp posts as my apex reference...I *think* it's the 3rd one after you start braking (just before 50m marker).
I am only at max braking for the first 30% of braking distance (from 6th to 5th gear). The remaining time, through 5th, 4th, and into 3rd I try to trail-brake all the way...if you can get the car rotated and the front tires aren't overloaded at the apex you can then really stomp on the gas and never lift until T1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 276 36.9%
  • Porsche

Votes: 284 38.0%
  • BMW

Votes: 267 35.7%
  • McLaren

Votes: 174 23.3%
  • Toyota

Votes: 281 37.6%
  • Intel

Votes: 93 12.4%