RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Results04.png

4) R3E POSTER.png

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
TeamSpeak Server: ts3server://ts.racedepartment.com
<== Paste link into your browser to connect.

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak and that you use an app called Crew Chief, which gives you an audio spotter and much more!

Practice Server: RaceDepartment.com EU - Practice Server
Race Server: RaceDepartment.com EU - Silhouette Series
Cars: Group 4
Track: Road America - Grand Prix

Saturday 19/12/20
Practice:
20:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:20 UTC (10 minutes)

Warmup 1: 20:30 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 20:35 UTC (20 minutes)

Warmup 2: 20:55 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 21:15 UTC (20 minutes)

Group 4: 30 slots
  1. Goffik - BMW #111
  2. ko41 - Porsche #53
  3. PorDallas - BMW #60
  4. Steve Le Gallez - Porsche #58
  5. rustymoto - BMW #5
  6. PurgerUK - Porsche #25
  7. Free slot
  8. Free slot
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot

UTP#14

Last edited:
I was doing alright after a few laps I wasn't spinning anymore, I wasn't quick but at least I was keeping the frontend in the front. Now coming back to the Porsche after driving the 1992 DTM cars for a couple hours, I can no longer downshift the Porsche reliably.:O_o:

Now coming back to the Porsche after driving the 1992 DTM cars for a couple hours, I can no longer downshift the Porsche reliably.
Not very helpful for tonight, but this issue should be aided by the big December patch. They're adding an engine idle adjustment to the setup screen, which should make downshifting without stability issues in all the classics somewhat easier to achieve.

PS: I also have issues downshifting in the Porsche. And braking. And turning corners. And getting off the line. In fact, I find anything outside of driving in a straight line appears to require arcane powers which I don't possess. :O_o:

BMW it is then...

I don't have an H-shifter and it was a bit strange to flip the switch in my brain to still blip the throttle when downshifting while left-foot-braking, but it helps with stability as you drop down the gears, as you'd expect. I think with a shifter and heel-toeing it would feel more natural (aside from having a mechanical gearlever connected to absolutely nothing).

I have a shifter but rarely use it. Never have mastered heal & toe, and although it can be more authentic and fun, I'm never as quick regardless of the car. Besides which there just isn't enough classic h-box content in sims anymore to make learning worthwhile. Used to use it all the time in GT Legends.

You used to get a slight advantage in some cars in R3E (eg DTM 92), because shifting a h-box car with paddles wasn't instant, the sim tried to "simulate" the process of stick shifting. It meant having a physical shifter allowed you to change gears faster than someone on paddles. That was changed a while ago though.

That was a laugh, cheers guys. :)

These cars are so different that they kind of feel like they should be two different classes. But that's the beauty of classics I suppose... they were genuinely different cars instead of the same bloody thing with a different body shell on top. ;) Respect to the Porsche drivers, there's no way I could race that thing in (semi) polite company.

As mentioned (and for those who didn't race), there's no race next weekend since it's Boxing Day. The next series will begin the week after on 2nd January. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 269 37.0%
  • Porsche

Votes: 279 38.4%
  • BMW

Votes: 257 35.4%
  • McLaren

Votes: 170 23.4%
  • Toyota

Votes: 274 37.7%
  • Intel

Votes: 92 12.7%